This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Becks View Post
    Not true. It's usually the second or third extra value meal...at least here in WI and in NJ. Now, the HAMBURGER one is the one not listed on the menu.
    Yeah, 2 cheeseburger meal is a #2 at every McDonald's I've ever seen around here. I order it without the cheese, but I don't consider that some sort of special secret thing to do. I just prefer hamburgers to cheeseburgers.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

for while it wasn't on the menu, but it was in the registers as a combo meal (the 2 cheeseburger meal) it's the same for the double cheesebuger meal

Comment

Well, if custom ordering a regular entree is "Secret Menu" stuff, then I guess when I order penne with francaise sauce I started a whole new one. (Seriously, the francaise sauce at one of my local pizza places back home is like liquid crack)
        "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Quoth Greenday View Post
          Well, if custom ordering a regular entree is "Secret Menu" stuff, then I guess when I order penne with francaise sauce I started a whole new one. (Seriously, the francaise sauce at one of my local pizza places back home is like liquid crack)
          Where's that?

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
            I just prefer hamburgers to cheeseburgers.
            I have a deep loathing for American "cheese".
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
              AKA: Food-like cheese substance found between skin folds of...
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Becks

QFT. I'm amazed by the looks of horror I get when I make this declaration.
                This is why I love when my mom makes burgers. I ask her to put extra sharp cheddar on mine. ^_^
                Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                  And just what IS a Two by four Animal Style? Details, please.
                  Two by Four: Two pattys of meat with four slices of cheese. You can order other combinations of numbers for predictable results. I've heard rumors of 32 x 32's ordered for frat parties.

Animal Style: Made with thousand island and extra pickles tomatoes and lettuce.

Neapolitan Shake is Chocolate, Vanilla, and Strawberry milkshake layered so that the flavor changes from one to the others as you drink it down.

and Fries Well done because I like them extra crispy. My best friend likes his rare.
                  Flood

Comment

Our local chinese place has a "secret" menu.

They cook the regular "american style" chinese food, but they also have a "secret" menu of traditional chinese dishes.

And yes it's delicious.
                    https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

I don't get how some of these are 'secrets'...for Olive Garden they list asking for extra sauce or less cheese as secret menu items. Is there any restaurant (especially sit-down places, fast food might be more difficult if they make things ahead of time) where you can't ask for more or less of an ingredient that is added when they make your meal?
                      Yeah, I'm looking at that too and it's just more common sense than anything. They need to take a lot of the "secret" items off the list there.

ETA:

Okay, just looking at the Red Lobster "secret" menu too, and I'm adding that in with the "just use your common sense" category as well.

Quoth Kanalah View Post
                      Our local chinese place has a "secret" menu.

They cook the regular "american style" chinese food, but they also have a "secret" menu of traditional chinese dishes.

And yes it's delicious.
                      A lot of Chinese restaurants have that. I know of at least 4 places around me that do have that kind of a menu. Two of them have it in Chinese only.
                      Last edited by fma_fanatic; 09-18-2011, 03:23 PM.
                      Random conversation:
                      Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
                      DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

At the local Golden Arches to my office, the 9-piece version of the nuggets is not on the menu - or, at minimum, is very hard to find on it. But if I ask for it, they know exactly what I mean, have a price for it (and the meal version) and a box which it neatly fits into.

At a completely different burger joint, they don't (usually) have double cheeseburgers on the menu - sometimes it is on a special advert, but never on the main menu. But it can be ordered at any time.

Comment

Where's that?
                          Zachery's. They do thin crust pizza. Off of 36 by the track. 1/2 pizza on Mondays. Oh yea, they have the best sauce too. I like to ask for extra sauce on my pizzas there.
                          "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Quoth 24601 View Post
                            Since when is Taco Bell's "Cheesy Gordita Crunch" a secret item? I order it all the time as a box meal.
                            I've started to just order one or 2 for my lunch when I want a Taco Bell fix. At least in my neck of the woods (Northern Virginia), it only came out during a certain time of year for 2 months (advertised) and then went away.

They just recently started with the Cheesy Gordita Crunch being in the $5 box meal.

Comment

Quoth Flood View Post
                              Two by Four: Two pattys of meat with four slices of cheese. You can order other combinations of numbers for predictable results. I've heard rumors of 32 x 32's ordered for frat parties.

Animal Style: Made with thousand island and extra pickles tomatoes and lettuce.

Neapolitan Shake is Chocolate, Vanilla, and Strawberry milkshake layered so that the flavor changes from one to the others as you drink it down.

and Fries Well done because I like them extra crispy. My best friend likes his rare.
                              You forgot one important detail on animal style...the onions are grilled.

Comment

Quoth fma_fanatic View Post
                                Okay, just looking at the Red Lobster "secret" menu too, and I'm adding that in with the "just use your common sense" category as well.
                                I hadn't read that (started with the ones for places I actually ever eat at) so I went back and read it...asking for more biscuits? Seriously?

/omg you can do that?!

Comment

Working...
                                X