This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate christmas

For winter break this year my boyfriend is 12 hours away with his family and I'm living on campus at school instead of going home for the month because my family's house is too small for me. My family exchanged gifts a week ago because that's when my older sister wanted to do it (she's either working or with her husband's family this weekend) so I have no actual holiday this weekend. Spending Christmas weekend alone is no fun especially when I've already been spending nearly every day of break completely isolated.

The only thing I was looking forward to this Christmas Eve was talking to my boyfriend before I went to sleep. He barely texted me all day because he was busy with his family, which is understandable, but he promised me we'd talk before bed so I wouldn't be alone.

Didn't get any updates all day on when he was going to be home and ready to skype. Around 10pm my parents offered to let me spend the night at their home (they live in the same town) so I wouldn't be alone on Christmas eve. My little sister wanted to stay up late with me playing computer games like we used to when I still lived at home, and then sleep in the living room with me. I told them I wasn't sure because I already had plans to talk to my boyfriend and there's no place to do that privately there, but that if he didn't want to talk, I'd stay over.

Asked my boyfriend tentatively at 10:30 "still skyping tonight or no?" and he reassured me that we would skype. So I told my parents that they could go to sleep without worrying about me.

Around 11:15 I asked him what time he wanted to skype and he suggested "now-ish?". I asked if we could talk in 15 minutes so I could run down to the lounge and make some food first. He said "sure".

Left my phone upstairs. Came back to my room at 11:30 to "sorry kinda tired going to sleep merry christmas love you night."

Too late to call my parents and say I'd like to spend the night after all since everyone's going to be sleeping.

I'm fine with him being too tired to talk after spending all day with his family, but why couldn't he tell me that when I asked? I could have spent the night with my family instead of being completely alone if he would have just told me he didn't want to skype. I spent all day hoping I could talk to him, declined spending time with my little sister on christmas eve so I could spend time with him, went downstairs to grab some food before skype calling him and came back to find out that the only good thing about my christmas eve was gone.

I'm not going to sleep tonight. I wanted to spend tonight with him or with my family and instead I get to spend the night alone in my room crying and feeling sorry for myself.
    Last edited by Lindsey; 12-25-2011, 07:01 AM.

"When your deepest thoughts are broken, keep on dreaming, boy; when you stop dreaming it's time to die" -- Blind Melon

I'm sorry. That was really unfair; he could've said something earlier.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Ouch, that definitely wasnt cool of him. I hope today went better for you.

I understand talking to him is important, but so are you.

Comment

Working...
      X