Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just what I always wanted to come home to.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just what I always wanted to come home to.

My apartment broken into and my laptop gone.

My boyfriend and I took a trip over christmas weekend to see our families. Basically he was meeting my extended family and I was meeting his for the first time. 'Cause doing that in the same weekend wasn't stressful at all

So we get home last night at about 10:30pm our time to find the deadbolt on our door had been chiseled out with a flathead screwdriver and a hammer (we assume) and my laptop had been stolen. Thankfully our pets were fine and the laptop was the only thing missing but still.

I am enraged. To the point that I am calm. I've looped back around to relaxed some how. All I know is that the bastards who took Jeanette (my laptop) better hope the police find them before I do. Though I doubt it since the evidence tech told us we were SOL basically. Mostly because there were no usable prints, nothing else was missing, and I don't have renters insurance.

Landlord was over today to fix the door, and I'm using this to convince him to let boyfriend and I get a dog. This is just unacceptable.

May the fleas of 10,000 camels infest their delicate undergarments. ::
    Me to a friend: I know I'm crazy, you know I'm crazy, the zombies at the end of the world will know I'm crazy. Thus not eating my brain for fear of ingesting the crazy. It's my survival plan.

I'm so sorry, what a shitty thing to happen. I'm glad your pets are ok.

Bastards, may your laptop blow up on their laps .

Comment

There's nothing that can be done? There might be a way to trace the IP and find the new location, though I don't know the specifics on how to do that...

Comment

Regarding renter's insurance: please consider getting it. I know it doesn't help you now, but it's way too cheap and covers way too much to not have it.

I paid about $11.00 a month for $30,000 of coverage.

The psycho bitch in the apartment above mine burned down 2 buildings (buildings!) by putting a lit cigarette in her trashcan (very possibly on purpose, but that couldn't be proven).

I lost everything. Most of it was just...stuff. Some of it was irreplaceable. A lot of electronics, computers, music equipment, etc.

I did a spreadsheet for the insurance company..took some pictures.

I received the entire $30K in less than two weeks. (They advanced me about $5K of that, virtually no questions asked, which I got in two days) It's amazing how quickly all your possessions add up.

Actually, my complex required insurance at that point. They didn't used to.

And of course, I don't know your circumstances. But I just really felt the need to put that out there to encourage you to get it if at all possible.
        Last edited by Lachrymose; 12-28-2011, 09:49 AM.

Comment

I am sorry to hear what happened to you. If you decide to get another laptop get lojack for laptops. It runs in the background and if someone stteals your computer you report it to lojack. So as soon as someone turns on the computer they will be able to locate it. It is just like lojack for the car. Actually it is the same company.

i have lojack for my laptop and car too.
          "Beam me up Scotty there is no intelligent life down here."

Comment

Working...
          X