Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another one with the ponytail holders. Our eldest boycat LOVES them.

Before we got our younger boycat Oscar, we'd bought this stuffed tiger toy back from Monarto Zoo (it's run more like a safari than a zoo, in that you can go on tours and have a chance to see animals up close, right from the comfort of a bus). Placed it on the bed to compliment mum's much bigger tiger (since the toy itself was in a sitting position). Go out for a few hours, come home and we're greeted with our eldest boycat Mitchell holding onto the stuffed tiger toy by the neck. After that, he'd have this tendency to occasionally pick it up in his mouth and walk off with it. What made it funnier was that the toy was almost bigger than him!

As for Oscar, he has a very strange tendency to "knead" the bigger tiger before he goes to sleep.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fma_fanatic View Post
      Yes! Our longhair calico does this if mine fall to the floor. They must be vanquished immediately. I've let her play with a few that have stretched out beyond any usability to me.
      Whenever I stay at my parents' I have to make sure the door is closed; if he gets in the bedroom and I've left a ponytail holder on the nightstand, it will disappear. And usually I use the little microfiber ones that are almost the same color as my brown hair, so they are hard to find once he gets them out into the house somewhere. My mom got a pack of neon-colored ones from the dollar section at the grocery store; I see them around sometimes. He also used to get up on the back of the chair and try to pull them right out of my hair.

They also used to like straws. And peas. We sometimes give the girl a pea and they would play soccer with it for a while before eating it (or losing it under something...I moved a wicker box in the kitchen once and found several petrified peas underneath). My parents have a central vacuum system and in the kitchen there is a little opening with a kick switch so you can turn it on and just sweep stuff into it. When they were little the girl knocked a pea into there once (it was off) and she was flopping all over the floor trying to reach in and get it out. I finally took pity on her and tried to get it, but I couldn't reach either, so I got a bendy straw and used it to pull the pea out. Well, after that they wanted nothing to do with the pea and spent the rest of the night playing with the straw. We used to find them in the hall closets because they would knock them under the doors. (If you try this with your cats just keep an eye on the straws and replace them before they get too chewed up and start to come apart.)
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I recommend the little plastic cylinder that 35mm film comes in. Cats bat them around, and due to the uneven diameters between the base and the lid, they roll in crazy directions. Kitties love them!
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
        X