This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A year has past and much has changed.

Christmas day is almost over as is another year. And as the year comes to an end I look back at the past year (almost 2 actually) and see how much as changed. Thankfully most has changed for the better.

Last Christmas day I was living with my crazy manipulative abusive bitch of an ex girl friend and her best friend. I was depressed to no end and saw no way out.

Because of my amazing sister (and her two amazing kids and her wonderful husband) I was able to see all the abuse I was going through. And the kind words and staunch friendship of my then not-yet boyfriend helped me through the horrible depression I'd fallen into.

In early February within 3 days my boyfriend and I became 'official' (on Facebook lol. We'd probably been an item for a bit already. :P ) and I moved out of my ex's apartment into my sister's small townhouse. For 6 weeks I slept on the landing at the top of the stairs that was previously and since been the kids playroom.

At the end of March I moved into a room in a townhouse in the ghetto. It's not nice but I could afford it.

This past couple years have been hard and I've suffered from depression like never before but I'm on my own for truly the first time ever. I work full-time at a job I can barely stand and I live on ramen occasionally but because of the shit I've gone through I've been able to give advise and emotional support to friends online going through similar or worse things.

I never thought I'd be in a position to help my roomie (who moved here 2 weeks ago) at night when her depression gets so bad all she wants to do is die.

I have a long way to go but I'd say I've made some progress. I am, without a doubt, a stronger woman then I've ever been. And I'm glad to be able to help those I can.
    Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
    Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

*hugs*

Here's to those of us who've been through hell and back and survived. If that which doesn't kill us makes us stronger, we're fucking invincible
    "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth Kara
      *hugs*

Here's to those of us who've been through hell and back and survived. If that which doesn't kill us makes us stronger, we're fucking invincible
      Exactly. I know you understand sweetie.
      And yeah, we're fucking invincible as hell!
      Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
      Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Working...
      X