This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just can't even...

(I was initially going to post this on someone else's thread but didn't want to hijack the thread)

I once 'caught' a shoplifter when I was working at Poundland. I spotted him down the health and beauty aisle stuffing his coat full of lube, condoms and painkillers. He saw me, rushed past me with his coat full saying "I ain't stole nothin'! over and over. When he got outside it all came spilling out of his coat and onto the floor. He got on his bike and rode off down the road, went round a corner and was gone. Just as I was about to pick up the products, a woman and her teenaged son came round the corner, saw the stuff on the floor, picked it up and walked off with it all...

Cue me shouting, "Excuse me, that stuff belongs to us. Could you give it back please?"

The woman turned around and said, "But we found it outside!" and then carried on walking.

I don't think the guy on the bike and these pair were related since they were going in opposite directions. I don't think they actually crossed paths, even. So there you go. One shoplifter's bad, but two lots of shoplifters in one? Horrifying.

And people wonder why I hate that town.

What a fine example to set for your son. If it's on the ground in large quantities, outside a shop, deposited by a man making a hasty getaway, it must be free!
    Also, who picks up handfuls of condoms and lube in front of their teenage son?? I'd have been mortified!

Comment

"I don't want to live on this planet anymore."

Comment

So, did you end up stopping the idiot mother and son from walking off with it?

Comment

Quoth Barracuda View Post
          So, did you end up stopping the idiot mother and son from walking off with it?
          No Firstly, they have caused trouble before and are notorious for starting fights in town, and secondly they were round the corner and gone before I could bat an eyelid.

Comment

Condoms, lube and....painkillers??

What the hell kind of fun was he planning?
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I was trying not to let my mind go there, TYVM.
              "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post

I'm thinking the kind that gets shown on one of the many shows on Investigation Discovery a few years down the road.

That or Snapped on Oxygen.
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
                  "I don't want to live on this planet anymore."
                  Oh, I still want to live on this planet. I just want to round up all the jerks and idiots and ship them to Pluto!
                  Last edited by XCashier; 07-11-2014, 01:36 PM. Reason: phooey on dalesys! :p
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                    Oh, I still want to live on this planet. I just want to round up all the assholes and ship them to Pluto!
                    TYVM, but I'll keep mine, so I won't be completely FOS.
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Painkillers, preemptive of the "I've got a headache" line

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post

they don't call it "painal" for nothing.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                          Oh, I still want to live on this planet. I just want to round up all the jerks and idiots and ship them to Pluto!
                          Quoth dalesys View Post
                          TYVM, but I'll keep mine, so I won't be completely FOS.
                          Of course you'd be able to keep yours - it would take too big a rocket to send Uranus to Pluto.
                          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                            Pluto isn't big enough. Maybe send them to Jupiter. Plus, they won't be able to leave Jupiter because of the high gravity.
                            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                            X