This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh charming o_0 (language)

I was volunteering at the charity shop this morning. A woman in maybe her mid-thirties was trying two pairs of shorts on in the fitting room. Now, I don't really pay attention to what customers are wearing, unless the clothes are eye-catching. What this woman had got on clearly hadn't caught my attention. So, she came back out, plonked a pair of shorts onto the counter, and two coat-hangers. I thought, for some reason, that she'd left the other shorts in the fitting room, so I started folding the shorts and then looked at the tag. As I was about to ring them into the till, she barked, "Not those!"

"Sorry, which ones then?" I replied.

"Er... I've got them on?"

It was one of those questions that had a sarcastic, rude edge to it. She then swore (f-bomb) but the rest of it was mumbled so I couldn't hear what she'd said. Anyway, she'd ripped the tag off the ones she was wearing and put that down on the counter so that I could find out the price. So I put the transaction through the till, asked her if she wanted a bag (which was no, and it looked like she'd put what she was wearing before in a carrier bag that she came in with) and then, her parting gift:

"Fucking retard."

It wasn't loud, it was under her breath, but I could hear each word all the same. And then I wondered what she'd called me before, and I'm actually quite thankful that I didn't hear it the first time.

Today isn't my day. Quite a few customers have been... snippy? Which is rare in the charity shop. Maybe the humidity is getting to everyone, I dunno.

I'm also at the clothing shop which is situated within a garden centre this afternoon, and I've just got a bad feeling about it lol. So there may be a new post tonight, or maybe there won't be. Hopefully it'll be the latter.

All that because you didn't realize which pair of shorts she was wearing?! Jesus. Hopefully you don't run into her again!

Comment

What a bitch. I hope those shorts chafe the hell out of her skin!
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I hope they split right up the backside the first time she bends over . . .

Comment

Beyond that, why would she not take those home and wash them before putting them on? That'd be what I would think was going on in that case. Either way, there was no reason for her to snap at you for her own stupidity.
          "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Quoth rudeawakening View Post
            All that because you didn't realize which pair of shorts she was wearing?! Jesus. Hopefully you don't run into her again!
            Hopefully I scared her off lol.

Comment

Uh, the math.

She was trying on two pairs, and wore one in. She put one pair on the counter (the ones she wore in) and paid for one of the ones she tried on. Where's the second try-on? (Hopefully, not under the first pair...)
              I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

She put one pair on the counter, was wearing the other that she tried on, and had her own in her bag, from what I understand. They were all there.
                "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

I thought as I was reading it that she was going to try and steal a pair by wearing them out, and only paying for one pair.

Comment

I used to work in a charity bookstore, and there are some really horrible people who frequent charity shops. Once I saw this woman pick up a book from the children's shelf and give it to her child to chew while she shopped. When she got to the till, she took the book that her child had been gnawing on and said, "Oh, I don't want this." When I told her that she had to pay for it cuz her child had rendered it unsellable, she pitched a fit. I just told her that she had to pay for it, cuz otherwise it was theft. She slammed the money down, bitched that she didn't want her books after all and stormed out. I didn't even touch the book with my hands; it was chewed all over and covered with slobber. I just used a bag to pick it up and dumped it in the bin.
                    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                    My DeviantArt.

Comment

Oh please don't remind me of the guy at our charity shop who changed into a pair of shorts-and then tried to leave in them,leaving us behind his charmingly soiled pair.
                      ...and then on being confronted outside and informed he hadn't paid for them,took them off and ran for it. Where he was arrested for running semi-nude through a public park full of teenage students...

Now I think this is needed
                      The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

I would've gone off for sure. "Excuse me, you COW, how was I supposed to know you're wearing something you haven't paid for yet? Do you think I spend all day taking notes on what nasty people are wearing when they walk in?"

And then I'd get fired....
                        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Captain Trips View Post
                          Uh, the math.

She was trying on two pairs, and wore one in. She put one pair on the counter (the ones she wore in) and paid for one of the ones she tried on. Where's the second try-on? (Hopefully, not under the first pair...)
                          She came in wearing her normal clothes. She took two pairs of our shorts into the fitting room, kept one pair on, and took the other pair to the till. Whatever she had been wearing before-hand had been placed into a carrier bag she was holding at the time.

Comment

Silly Woman!!

My god what a rude person!!! I think you handled that very well though. I never knew how dumb and obnoxious people are until I started working with the general public!!
                            How have I not killed anyone yet?

Comment

Working...
                            X