This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth wolfie View Post
    Why can't some distillery come out with cheaply-made spirits of all varieties (rum, vodka, whiskey, etc.) in a quality that would make Bacardi look like a premium brand, and sell them under the brand name "A good one"? Would be perfect for customers like these.
    The Navy Base in New London CT used to carry a bottom of e barrel brand called Thames Best in the base package store. [the base is set on the Thames River here in CT, but we pronounce it THames, not Tems as we didn't have a king who couldn't speak proper english ... ]

I should see if they still carry it, we used to get the rum, gin and vodka for summer because if you are mixing it with whatever to make mai tais or whatnot, there is so much other flavoring it doesn't matter. Hell, for some of the guys on the boat you could have used vodka and added rum flavoring and they wouldn't have noticed.
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
      Why can't some distillery come out with cheaply-made spirits of all varieties (rum, vodka, whiskey, etc.) in a quality that would make Bacardi look like a premium brand, and sell them under the brand name "A good one"? Would be perfect for customers like these.
      That's a good one.

I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
        Hell, for some of the guys on the boat you could have used vodka and added rum flavoring and they wouldn't have noticed.
        And I'm sure that if you used vodka WITHOUT rum flavoring, some of the guys, although they noticed, wouldn't care. Ever heard the beverage stereotyping by beverage?

Germans drink cold beer.
        Brits drink warm, pissy-tasting beer.
        Canadians drink cold, pissy-tasting beer.
        Yanks drink cold, beery-tasting piss.
        Australians drink anything with alcohol in it.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
          Campbell's Chunky Soup Sirloin Burger. Delicious stuff. This one I can kinda see. I'm not dismissing the stupidity, mind you, but I can kinda see this one.....barely.
          That was the specific product what he was searching for. It's actually a favorite of mine for lunch at work, since you can heat it up quickly and it doesn't have to be refrigerated, so I can buy it in advance and bring it in with me (and good fucking luck trying to buy your lunch on your lunch break at our store, because you'll spend half your break standing in line even when it's slow by our standards, but I digress.)

That being said, you'd think that if one were seeking a specific flavor of canned soup, one might mention the word soup at some point. This fellow, alas, did not, and it was by sheer question-and-answering that I was able to direct him to aisle 6A in search of his sodium-overenriched bounty.

Comment

I work at the fabric counter, and have some fun ones! But since not as many people sew now, the majority of people won't see why it's funny. However, I regularly get asked for things we (a fabric and craft store) obviously don't carry. For example I have been asked for all of the following: printer cartridges, PS4 games, water filters, and pet carriers.
            Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

had a kid walk into the camp store today (full of soda, toys, fishing gear, RV supplies, and a few groceries) and ask if we carried bike parts... and he specifically wanted a bag that went on his handlebars.

O.o

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                Hey I resemble that remark! I do have some taste thank you.....
                The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                  Germans drink cold beer.
                  Brits drink warm, pissy-tasting beer.
                  Canadians drink cold, pissy-tasting beer.
                  Yanks drink cold, beery-tasting piss.
                  Americans drink water that has a nodding acquaintance with alcohol.
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                    Where's the like button

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                      Although I think if you peruse this thread, you'll find that we're catching up to (and in some cases surpassing) the rest of the beer drinking world. Victory Sabre and Jester have some good reviews, especially in the post's last few months.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                        Although I think if you peruse this thread, you'll find that we're catching up to (and in some cases surpassing) the rest of the beer drinking world. Victory Sabre and Jester have some good reviews, especially in the post's last few months.
                        Dooon't ruin the joooke.
                        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                          In reality, this is a golden age for beer in America. There are literally thousands of craft breweries producing tons of great craft beer. To say all American beer is piss water is to ignore this fade, and to marginalized all the Americans who love and drink great beer.

However, to say Americans drink piss water beer does still have a strong amount of truth to it. Despite the exponential growth of the craft beer industry in this country and the inroads it's made on the market share of American beer sales, the biggest selling beers are still the boring, watery, flavorless beers most foreigners think of as American beer, produced by the macrobreweries that sponsor so many sporting events.

In short, there is a ton of great American beer being produced and consumed, but the average American still drinks those garbage piss water beers.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                          Still A Customer."

Comment

Problem being, beer still tastes like... beer.
                            I'd rather have a cider with my pub meal, a gin and lemonade for sipping like a lady, or a nice Japanese plum wine for merry-making, ta! XD
                            Is it Asshole Day or what? - MoonCat
                            It's ALWAYS Asshole Day. - Jay2KWinger

Comment

Rapana, I promise you that there are beers out there that would make you challenge your own assertion. Few are the non-beer people that I can't find SOME beer that they'd enjoy.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                              Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                                Rapana, I promise you that there are beers out there that would make you challenge your own assertion. Few are the non-beer people that I can't find SOME beer that they'd enjoy.
                                *raises hand*

And yes, I have tried quite literally hundreds of beers; I have been to many real ale pubs where friends have ordered a pint of each ale there (shared between them, I hasten to add!) and let me try a sip from each one.

I can say with complete honesty I would much rather stick with my rum. If I absolutely have to have something non-spirit, I'll have a pear cider. Thank you.
                                "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Working...
                                X