This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please place your orders the day before

I now work in the bakery part of the Warehouse, it's awesome and really like it back there. Less customers, fewer problems, and while a bit extra work, it's much more calming back there. Really, it is -- and the best part is that I don't have to fight to go on breaks or go home or whatever.

But I still have to deal with the occasional SC, of which I do get a few here and there. The biggest thing is when people want a mass quanity of bread and we aren't doing any more baking for the day. Look I understand that you need X amount of kaiser roll bags but what you see is what you get unless you put an order for it in. No you won't get it tonight unless it's close to closing. Why? Because the things are currently frozen, it's going to take a few HOURS for the stuff to thaw out, it'll take about twenty minutes or so to cook, then another half hour or so to cool before it gets packed into the bags. And unless you want to bake them yourself, I can't pull your order out of thin air.

I have had only one customer so far, in the last two and a half weeks, demand a manager, who turned around, pointed to me, and told the customer to listen to the person who knows what she's talking about.
    Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Yay for your awesome manager backing you up!
    At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Sadly, most people these days seem to have little concept of how long it takes to actually get things done.

Leavened (yeast) breads have a certain amount of time that MUST be allowed for: the time it takes for the yeast to rise, plus the kneading time, plus the baking time. None of those times can be shortened in any way.
      Seshat's self-help guide:
      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
        Leavened (yeast) breads have a certain amount of time that MUST be allowed for: the time it takes for the yeast to rise, plus the kneading time, plus the baking time. None of those times can be shortened in any way.
        SC logic #1: They have food replicators on Star Trek, therefore the staff at this store must be too lazy to replicate food for me.

SC logic #2: They say none of these times can be shortened? Then why didn't they put shortening in the dough?
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

What do you mean, twenty minutes to bake? Just turn it up higher! Double the temperature = half the time, surely?
          This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
          I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth mathnerd View Post
            Yay for your awesome manager backing you up!
            That's one of the things I like about this Warehouse: most of the managers can smell a BS complaint across the [very large] store. The manager in question can be harsh at times, but she knows the difference between when an employee is too lazy to do something and when it's impossible to do in a short amount of time.

Maybe those two big things in the bakery are replicators and no one has told me about them yet.
            Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Working...
            X