Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have I ever told you how much I LOVE children?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have I ever told you how much I LOVE children?

Let's get one thing straight first. I do not hate kids. I am just a real hardass towards them. Every time I take one step into a shopping centre and hear a kid having a tantrum, I face-palm. I know kids have short attention spans, but I just can't handle it. Anyway, this happened on my shift today, and all in the first hour.

The first table had like a three or four year old and he kept sitting in the empty table next to them. It took a while to pry him out, but not before he played with the bowls and chopsticks. This wasn't as bad as the last kid who tried to climb over into the next booth, but still.

The next table had two little shits, one good kid and and a dad and maybe an uncle. The first one was about eight in a blue shirt, and possibly the most obnoxious piece of wasted life I have ever seen. No 'please' or 'thank you's, just 'can I have this' or 'i want it, i want it'. He made sounds out loud that was gonna make me snap before he stopped and the cherry on top came when the family was leaving.

The little douchebag was playing on his dad's iphone outside, in front of the freaking door. He saw me and I got him to move to one side, then he moved in front of the door again. Next he opened the door, put himself in between the gap and started making donkey noises. A customer was about to come in so I raised my voice a little and made him GET OUT OF THE FREAKING DOOR. It was only then did the dad move his ass and reign his kids in. I didn't raise my voice that high, but if I could have, I would have yelled at the little shit.

The next kid was from the same table and did the most unbelievable thing ever in my time at the restaurant. While the family was still eating, we lost track of her for one second and then heard an almighty crash. The little rat snuck under one of the booth tables and pulled the table cloth down, towards the seat. The seat was covered in sauce and I was seriously about to shout at the top of my lungs:

GOD FUCKING DAMMITT!!!!!

I ran over to the table and asked if the kid was alright, but what I really wanted to do was shout:

YOU LITTLE SHIT!

And then:

We had to re-set the table and change the cushions on the seat.

I don't want to push parents to reign in their kids, but they could take just a little responsibility. Kids are among one of the many types of customers I hate. I'm afraid that if I have kids, I'll be as hard on them as I am now. I know kids aren't that developed in the mind, but there needs to come a time when they're whipped into shape. Again, I. DO NOT. HATE. KIDS. I am just a hardass.

Oddly enough, my sister and I behaved in restaurants. See, we knew if we didn't, there would be a Come-To-Jesus meeting in the ladies' room. Same thing went for stores, and other public places.
    Hmmm. Whaddaya think? Did my mother, I dunno, think she was responsible for raising good citizens or something?
    I don’t have enough middle fingers to show you how I feel about you.
    - Twitter, via Boredpanda.com, via Youtube

Right. Well. When you manage to pull the concussed deer of your intellect away from the oncoming headlights of life let me know. - Grave keeper

Comment

Quoth PoliteBoy View Post
      Next he opened the door, put himself in between the gap and started making donkey noises. A customer was about to come in so I raised my voice a little and made him GET OUT OF THE FREAKING DOOR. It was only then did the dad move his ass and reign his kids in.
      Was this deliberate? If so, you'll fit in well here (quite a few of us are fond of making bad puns). Welcome to Customers Suck!
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Children and those disabled who are unable to control their behaviour need carers. I've said it before, I'll no doubt say it again.

Public spaces are for the public - all the public. Sharing inherently poses limitations on behaviour: just like a toddler must not 'share' a toy by whacking another toddler on the head with it.

Oh, and wolfie? How did you miss 'rein it in'. I guess you hadn't herd.
        Seshat's self-help guide:
        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
          I've been on forums where someone who made a spelling mistake would be jumped on by half a dozen others, and didn't want to turn CS into something like that.
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
            Will we have to burro in for some more puns?
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
              Will we have to burro in for some more puns?
              Could our Jenny make a cartoon of this?
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

pax: Ditto my mom. See how polite I am now?

XCash: If you do, I'll hoof it on over and join you.

wolfster: Concur. Even those minimalist "rein*" on FB are starting to grind my gears a tad. I'm all for good spelling, but people should be aware that there are levels of balance between effective communication and casual talk, which I think CS shows a good measure of.

sesh: Oddly enough, although aware of the homophone mix-up in this context, I just recently learned that the phrase is "free REIN" rather than "free REIGN." I assume my thinking was that the latter makes sense in describing the powers an absolute monarch has. On the other hand, we have several horses, so you'd think Angel (a, er, slightly sarcastic name at best) taking me for a romp of her choosing would have bounced the correct metaphor into me at some point.

Comment

wolfie - No worries. We'll see to it that it doesn't *cracks knuckles* ^_^

If someone *asks* for help, that's different

I'd join in on the pun fun, but don't wanna make an ass of myself. Today.
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                  Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                  "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I have had other customers at restaurants compliment my 4-year-old on his behavior. It's not that hard, really.

Today after his tee-ball game, we were handing out snacks (each parent provides snacks for one game a season). Do you know how many children thanked me for the juice box and crackers?

One. My son.

Utterly disgraceful.
                    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

I meant 'rein it in' to be the pun-based issue, not the homophone. My apologies for the ambiguity.

I guess the yoke's on me.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                        (quite a few of us are fond of making bad puns)
                        Yeah, I noticed. I hate that.

It really bugs me when someone posts a vent about something and the whole thread derails into puns.
                        They came here for commiseration and sympathy - not cornballs.
                        Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

I have to agree. I appreciate a good corny joke once in awhile and on the occasional thread, but lately it's getting a bit much.
                          "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                            Was this deliberate? If so, you'll fit in well here (quite a few of us are fond of making bad puns). Welcome to Customers Suck!
                            No it was not, but thanks for pointing it out...

Comment

Anyway... yes, I completely agree that it's unreasonable and unfair for parents (or other adults who are responsible for kids) to not keep them ... I was going to say 'under control'.

That's the wrong phrase. How about .. keeping them polite? Helping them to learn how to be social, how to behave in public.

Meh. I'm not communicating it well. But adults who are responsible for kids should be helping those kids to be .. well, kids, not brats.

Comment

Working...
                              X