This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth tollbaby View Post
    So... can anyone explain how come I suddenly started hearing the radio conversation between two snowplow operators through my computer headphones the other night? I wasn't online, and it was really freaky! LOL
    Speculating here... maybe you had a long length of cable of some kind running parallel to your headphone cable. The long cable picked up the radio transmission and via magnetic field transferred the signal to your headphone cable.

Or maybe you should just have your fillings checked again.
    "At any time, for any reason and without any warning, a meteor could fall from the sky and kill us all."
    -- The Meteor Principle

Galbadia Hotel - Free Video Game Soundtrack Downloads

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
      So... can anyone explain how come I suddenly started hearing the radio conversation between two snowplow operators through my computer headphones the other night? I wasn't online, and it was really freaky! LOL
      Earphones and such stuff tend to occassionally pick up radio transmissions. It'll take some special circumstances, but it's not unheard of.

Comment

scared the crap right out of me when it happened, cause I was just sitting there minding my own business, listening to some tunes... and all of a sudden, I have these two French guys babbling in my ear about their shift change and the fact that one of them had a jam in his sand dispenser LOL
        GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

That's similar to one incident (back in the dialup days) when I at the ripe old age of about 10 was trying to get online by guessing my parents' password (which was, incidentally, "password" and of course being 10 also the first thing i tried). I didn't really understand that the computer and phone ran on the same line, and my dad was talking to one of our neighbors on the phone at the time. The computer connected, and I was able to listen in (without speakers...) but not take part in (also no mike) my dad's conversation to our neighbor. He was going to have me run over to the neighbor's house with some Sally Foster stuff (wrapping paper) or something like that. My brother and his friends were all that we could hear the phone conversation but as soon as I went upstairs (computer was in the basement) to ask my dad what he needed me to bring next door, they pounced on it and I got in trouble for trying to take it back when I got home. To this day the incident has freaked me out a bit.

And no, we never actually got past the "DIALING.... CONNECTING...." screen. My brother and friends decided to log off and play games instead.

Sorry that was a bit long.
          "I'm not a crazed gunman, dad, I'm an assassin... Well, the difference being one is a job and the other's mental sickness!" -The Sniper

Comment

Quoth MMATM View Post
            my dad was talking to one of our neighbors on the phone at the time. The computer connected, and I was able to listen in (without speakers...)
            The sound was coming from the computer's internal system speaker.

Comment

Quoth trunks2k View Post
              Earphones and such stuff tend to occassionally pick up radio transmissions. It'll take some special circumstances, but it's not unheard of.
              A couple years ago, my computer speakers started to faintly transmit a radio station. At first, I thought my son left his radio on upstairs, but he checked and said it was off. Took us awhile to figure out where it was coming from.

It did that for a few days, and then stopped just as suddenly and mysteriously as it had started.
              Sometimes life is altered.
              Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
              Uneasy with confrontation.
              Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post

I wish I could explain that one, but I'm still waiting for explanation on why I could hear our local R&B station with my boombox OFF back when I was in high school.

I could hear it through my headphones . . . . not sure if it had something to do w/the proximity of their tower (which was about a mile from our house that we lived in back in the 80's.)

But now, we're closer to the same radio station, but I'm not hearing the station on my current boom box w/it turned off.

Weird.
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

It's that Damned JERRY BEAVER!!!

Comment

When I was in college, our chapel's copper wiring was outstanding at picking up a local radio station. It was awesome for those really boring sermons or speaches that we had to go to. Just sit back, relax, listen to the tunes and then fall asleep.

Comment

LOL

When that happens with us, unless they directly ask us like you did, we're not supposed to mention it, but instead send an email to our audit team. When they get the email, they perform said audit, then if necissary perform an equipment lock on it.

Last week I got a call from a lady who sounded awfully familiar (we have 13 million customers, so when to get a repeat call is really odd), because she didn't know any information to bring up her account, and I had to wait till she finished her drive home and got a bill to give me the acct number.

Well anyway, I figured out she had an equip lock and I was the one who sent the email. XD
                      "I just figured you would be terrified, and I would be sarcastic about it."

Comment

Working...
                      X