Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $5 dollars off every $25 you spend....

So, Glitter Hell (also called Random Craft Store) had this coupon in Sunday's paper-- it was $5 dollars every 25 dollars you spend. REALLY nifty.

Of course, there were a whole host of exclusion. Anything that the regular coupon wouldn't work on, this wouldn't work on--which means that if your 25 dollar (pre-tax) total has a 16 dollar Clearance item...then, really you're only at 9 bucks or so. If your pretax total was 25 bucks, but you had a 5 dollar book, only 20 of that counted. If You had Christmas trees, or any of the other excluded items, it didn't count.

ALL day long, I got yelled at for this damned coupon.

IT's ALL PRINTED ON THE COUPON. It's not like I made the rules up. Gah.

I hate corporate for this stupid coupon.

Plus the 50% off one item, and the 25% off frames, and the 25% ribbon (or whatever it was), and nothing works together, or maybe it does...I can't remember, but man, I hate 'em.

I got chewed out because of the fine print, because this old bitchy lady HATES The FINE PRINT. You know what? ME TOO. But damn, STFU.
    you are = you're. not "your".

People only read the part that says "$5 off"--they don't read the rest and don't care. Really sorry you had to put up with that. Corporate never thinks about this stuff (nor do they care either, I'm sure).
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I wish Corporate people can come down and work in these stores where they honor these clueless coupons. Maybe THEY can explain it better!

Comment

I confess to misreading one of those coupons (tried to use it on a book) but I was nice about it. I've seen a few people really flip their shit at the register though.
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
          I confess to misreading one of those coupons (tried to use it on a book) but I was nice about it. I've seen a few people really flip their shit at the register though.
          I had a few people who did misread, and did go..."oops" or whatever, but they accepted that they misread, and that I personally hadn't screwed with it.

It's the dumbasses who either don't read, or think that the fine print only applies to those people who aren't them....

Comment

Our store has a similar promo that they're starting to run alarmingly often...only multiply your amounts by 20 each and that's what our deal is. And yes...it's only on full price merchandise, and only on the merchandise subtotal. Fortunately our "clientele" is a lot less snarky about it, but only because it's an amazing deal if you're buying a lot of stuff...which they tend to do.
            "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

I misread one of those coupons a few years back, entirely my fault, but I was used to coupons applying to pretty much everything but clearance as it does at Other Store which I frequent. Instead, the coupon applied to maybe 2 of the seven or so things I wanted to buy, saving me a grand total of perhaps $.20. *shrug* Just stopped shopping there rather than scream; hardly the cashier's fault.
              NPCing: the ancient art of acting out your multiple personality disorder in a setting where someone else might think there's nothing wrong with you.

Comment

I had this just about all day yesterday. I started snapping at customers towards the end, especally two older ladies that couldn't seem to get it through their heads that they couldn't use it with their 50% coupon.
                Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

It's bad when upon seeing your title my first thought was "Oh God! No!"
                  wouldn't lube work better in a f***ing machine?
                  ----
                  Yes, that’s right. It’s a pair of gold foil headphones. Gold foil. Finally, headphones just as awful as your taste in music.

Comment

I had a lady go on and on about something similar today. All of our holiday stuff is 50% off the original price with previous sale deals excluded. In this lady's case it was ornaments that were 2 for 5 before xmas or $3 individually. (Even says on the sign specifically excludes this deal) So all her ornaments were $1.50 instead of $1.25 and she flipped her lid! Shrieking about how dishonest we were and how our show just loves to cheat the little guy.

Really...all this because of $.25
                    Now, if you smell the roses but it doesn't lift your spirits, you're either allergic to rose pollen or you need medical intervention. ~ Seshat

Comment

Quoth Android Kaeli View Post
                      I had this just about all day yesterday. I started snapping at customers towards the end, especally two older ladies that couldn't seem to get it through their heads that they couldn't use it with their 50% coupon.
                      Toward the end of the day, we were pretty much having people do two transactions, so they could use that damned 50% off coupon. I don't ever recall having them not work together, before--provided the pre-tax total still was above the minimum amount. This time, it'd only take one or the other.

Though, I really only recall one or two other times we had a coupon like that (and that was just after thanksgiving this year).

We have a bunch of older customers who... are regulars who seem to have absolutely no trouble with our coupons. They know the rules (and they've figured out how to work them, I don't care), and they follow them. Yet, I constantly get bitched at by these older women who claim to ALWAYS be in GH (yet, I never see them)...and how they always get confused by the coupons...bah.

Comment

Working...
                      X