This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "...And Then a Step to the Riiiight"

Hello, My name is Bramblerose. I'm new. This one happened when I was selling clothing.

FOr the record, let me state for teh record the customer didn't suck. She was even polite. Just confused.

Customer comes up with coupons- my company always had a coupon up.
    "Can I help you?"

"Yes. Is this coupon still good?"

looks at piece of paper. It's dated 31 July like every other one I have rang up the last few weeks. It's 31 July

"Yes, ma'am. It expires on the 31st."

"But July only has 30 days."

blink??

"I'm pretty sure it has 31- 'Thirty days has September, April, June, and November." so that's why I had to copy that over and over in elementary school!

"No, July only has 30 days."

you know what they say about arguing with idiots, esp on a busy Sat"Ok."

When she checked out, she paid with a check. She did indeed date her check 1 August. Happily 31 July was a Sat, so no chance of a nitpicker from hell at the bank making an issue about post-dating.

Wonder what happened when she looked at a calendar?

I love the smileys here, pardon if I overuse them until the novelty wears off.

Quoth Bramblerose View Post
    Wonder what happened when if she looked at a calendar?
    Fixed. Seriously, who doesn't know which months have how many days? It's not like the calendar has changed for a few centuries. Sometimes you just have to wonder what they're on.
    A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

I don't really know how many days each month has. I've never been able to memorize that poem. But, if I do get confused about it, I always have my handy-dandy cell phone on me, which displays date and time and even has a calendar function.

P.S- I'm addicted to smileys, too.

Comment

I use the knuckles on my hand to tell. You start with January on your index-finger-knuckle, and then move through the months by counting the knuckle and the space between. Once you get to July on your pinkie, you go back to August at your index finger and start over.

I hope that makes sense. *joins the smilie brigade*

Comment

Quoth angelicafire View Post
          I use the knuckles on my hand to tell. You start with January on your index-finger-knuckle, and then move through the months by counting the knuckle and the space between. Once you get to July on your pinkie, you go back to August at your index finger and start over.

I hope that makes sense. *joins the smilie brigade*

....I don't get it. I mean, I can count my knuckles, but how does that show how many days are in the month?

Comment

Knuckles are 31 days and inbetween knuckles are 30 days
            "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

^ The tops of your knuckles represent 31. The spaces between represent 28/30.

Comment

Quoth Shangri-laschild View Post
                Knuckles are 31 days and inbetween knuckles are 30 days
                Oh! Now I get it. (I'm sure I'll forget it the instant I need to actually use it...)

Comment

It isn't as odd as we might think.

A local bakery forgot about Leap Year and posted a lovely painted display in their window proudly reminding customers that Easter was March 24th.
                  Research is the art of reading what everyone has read and seeing what no one else has seen.

Comment

Quoth IT Grunt View Post
                    It's not like the calendar has changed for a few centuries. Sometimes you just have to wonder what they're on.
                    *sticks her paw in the air*
                    I don't follow the establishment... I know time is meaningless, and thus, divisions of time. Months are worthless. I'll celebrate my birthday whenever the hell I feel like it, thanks.

Also, didn't I just have this thread the other day?
                    *wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more*
                    Last edited by Imogene; 04-08-2008, 09:12 PM. Reason: Stuff
                    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

I am personally offended that that woman insisted that my birthday doesn't exist.

The nerve.

Comment

...And then a Step to the Riiiight
                        Quoth Juwl View Post
                        Also, didn't I just have this thread the other day?
                        *wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more*
                        PUT YOUR HANDS ON YOUR HIPS AND PULL YOUR KNEES IN TIIIIIGHT!
                        Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth Bramblerose View Post
                          I love the smileys here, pardon if I overuse them until the novelty wears off.
                          Heh, fear not bramblerose, you've got a long ways to go before this becomes a concern. Trayol and I each have a post where we have an emote (or three) at the end of every sentence (I'm not sure where, mind, but I know they're out there!), so you've got a long ways to go before that becomes a concern.

And welcome to Look forward to hearing more stories!
                          Your true character is who you are when no one is looking.
                          --Unknown

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                            I know time is meaningless,
                            Now now, there's a difference between meaningless and arbitrary. The natural rhythms of time (days, seasons) certainly aren't meaningless, though weeks and months certainly are arbitrary (see the number of different calanders in use through-out history).
                            Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                              Now now, there's a difference between meaningless and arbitrary.
                              I have thought about the idea of time for way, way, WAY too long. You can't find time in nature. You can impose time on nature, but it's a construct of the human mind. Just my beliefs. I'm not trying to sway anyone.
                              "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Working...
                              X