This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clowncar Mysteries

This one was just kind of odd. I wasn't quite sure what to expect on the cameras Halloween night what with covid. But it wasn't this.

I had already gone to bed so alas I could not yell at any of these people.

Sometime after the Witching hour someone pulled into our parkade who was not a tenant (tenants have their own spots, all spots were full). But rather than allow the lack of parking spaces to deter them they pressed onward in trying to find a place to cram their car.

Thus they located the vehicles of two of our tenants who had parked a fair distance apart in their respective spaces....annnnd they backed their car in BETWEEN the other two cars on top of the line between the parking spaces.

Now surely you say there can't possibly be enough space between two other parked cars to park your car, can there? And you'd be right! But this brave soul wasn't about to let something like spatial awareness or the sound of bumper scraping fender stop them. No sir. They would courageously press onward.

At some point he realized he was grinding his car on another car and stopped trying to back in. Only to pull forward, try to better align himself a few times then back in again. This time pushing the car all the way into the not parking space. The baleful cries of metal on metal be damned. If there was not a space he would MAKE a space. That's what real men do.

Having situated himself and caused a satisfactory amount of vehicular damage he turned the car off. Then let his passenger out. She, somehow, managed to squeeze herself out in the available space. Then proceeded to leave the parkade and just wander off into the dark alley behind our building. Just, away she went. Off into the night. Never to be seen again. Whatever secrets she held lost forever in the darkness.

According to the camera the guy then sat there in his car for 10 minutes or so. Then let his second passenger out. She too wandered off into the back alley but in the opposite direction. For what purpose I know not. Why not just let them off in the alley? Why not just....I dunno, drop them off where they were actually going to go instead of sending your female friends into dark alleys in the dead of night to fend for themselves. These questions remain unanswered.

Having dispensed his passengers he then starts the car back up and scraps his way back out of the not parking space and back onto the street. In total he was only parked for about 10 minutes. There was no need at all to reverse into a not parking space in our parkade just to idle for 10 minutes. In fact, our building also has an outdoor parking lot that is closer to the alley than the parking is and has free spaces. Indeed you drive up the alley to get to it. We even have front street parking with space for guests at the mouth of the alley.

This cornucopia of choice was before him yet he took the most difficult option that caused the most amount of monetary damage. Both to one of our tenants car's and his own. All just to drop two women off and force them to walk home anyway.

Frankly, I would have preferred some kids setting off fireworks like the rest of town got. But noooo. We have to get the guy that thinks you can make your own parking spots long as you're willing to push another car out of the way with your rear bumper.

I don't know how to drive cars, nor have I reliable depth perception. So I might do something like that, but I know better than to try driving in the first place. Thus, I'm not going to damage cars because I don't generally touch them in the first place.

As for the girls, perhaps they were safer in the dark alley and figured that out?
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
      As for the girls, perhaps they were safer in the dark alley and figured that out?
      Someone I showed the footage to suggested they dipped into the parkade because the cops (or someone else) was looking for them. Hence they laid low and the girls all went in separate directions.

Comment

It seems likely to me that the two women were sex workers, which would explain why neither of them was fazed by going down a dark alley. It would also explain why he sat there for around 10 minutes before the other one got out of his car. What it DOESN'T explain is why he chose to shove his car into two other cars, unless he knew the owners of each car and hated them (but then, why damage his own car in the process of damaging theirs?).

Comment

Did you get a plate number?

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
            Did you get a plate number?
            Sadly no, it wasn't clear from the angle the camera was looking from.

I'm kind of miffed because I have a new camera we were going to install in that area which would have seen it perfectly. But we haven't gotten around to installing it in the ceiling yet. -.-

Comment

This reminds me we are way overdue for a Tow story.
              AkaiKitsune
              Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Arga did randomly show up in another thread a few days ago...>_>
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

It's been over a YEAR since the last Tow Files. They CAN'T have gotten that much smarter where he is.
                  "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
                    It's been over a YEAR since the last Tow Files. They CAN'T have gotten that much smarter where he is.
                    They have all been working from home, therefore not parking illegally. Not to mention the bars, restaurants, theaters, etc. have been closed.
                    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                      They have all been working from home, therefore not parking illegally. Not to mention the bars, restaurants, theaters, etc. have been closed.
                      That doesn't actually sound like it would help.

Seriously, summer was always his slow season as the college seems to be the main source of idiocy, but a sizable percentage was towing people who had parked in business lots but were not customers. And an awful lot of residential lots only work because a certain percentage of tenants are at work at any given time, since the world has three shifts, so everyone staying home sounds like a parking nightmare.

Comment

Visitors

Quoth SpyOne View Post

Seriously, summer was always his slow season as the college seems to be the main source of idiocy, but a sizable percentage was towing people who had parked in business lots but were not customers. And an awful lot of residential lots only work because a certain percentage of tenants are at work at any given time, since the world has three shifts, so everyone staying home sounds like a parking nightmare.
                        Not my observation. Maybe it is because I am in Canada, but there always seem to be as many parking spots as there are tenants using them, what seems to be missing is visitor parking. There never seems to be enough of them, and in the last condo my friend lived in, in Toronto - there were NO VISITOR parking. If you were not a tenant you had to use the paid parking tower across the street. And that was a royal pain if you arrived when there was a big hockey game at the local arena.

Comment

Quoth SpyOne View Post

If you stop and think about it, it does help. Nobody is out shopping (it's all online now) so they don't park in the other businesses parking lot.

And residential parking is a nightmare because they all have the residential permits, but not enough spaces. And since they have permits, no towing.

And timing is everything. Check out this article on empty parking garages that was posted today for my area.
                          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post

There was one like a few days agp
                            Last edited by Tama; 11-14-2020, 09:33 AM.
                            My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
                              There was one like a few days agp
                              Posted AFTER I said that.
                              "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Working...
                              X