X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is nutZ

LOL yea ok...
    So this has been a great year for gun pimping. It's just that I can't get new guns to stock cause of MFR covid controls and all the "mostly peaceful" protests put the demand on a lever never seen. The political shift effect has yet to hit. So I'm running the table on used guns and when I get one new or used it's selling instantly. So go figure ammo is even worse. What was a $9 box of 9mm is now $40-???+ IF you can find it. I tried to buy directly from a major maker and the 20k rounds sold out before I could finish logging in.

Some people don't realize how nutZ this market is. Guy looking for AK ammo, I look and it's jumping up $ again to just stupid levels. But I find some that were a great $ even before that bump. Stress get it now. He does get some.
    4 days later, the wholesaler catches up with the market and then some. I let the guy know he's lucky to get what he did.
    "oh I want more can you ask them to honor the old price"
    N

"oh ok...."

Guy wants to quickly sell a gun to get something else he has bee up his ass about and just has to do it that day. This guy was a pain before so I'm not that much in a mood I was running some errands and couldn't really look up what it was worth. He is also going to inc some holsters and AMMO. Woot the $ is right any pistol I can sell With ammo will go! See above normally I could care less about the ammo but he shows a pic of in this market almost $150 of ammo. 3 big boxes and 1 small.
    All through text messages, I try to work out a $, but he wants A LOT more than it's really worth..guy thinks I will pay full retail for used. BUT I could really use this in stock and could make some $$, But I decline he's just tooo high and I got stuff to do. Finally 10min later he agrees to my $. It's not as good as I did before on the Glock but I can work it. I will keep the small box for my Wilfes new carry.
    THEN he wants me to drive 45min each way to him in a city cause his car does not do well in the pouring rain we are having. WUT? NO. More back and forth and he will meet me outside of the city a little closer to me. Fine. I swing home to grab and cash and my receipt book.
    I get almost there find out the 3rd has less than half in it. I should have bailed but fuckit, I called him out of his BS and I should give him less. He stammers and says it's bad ammo and bla bla, I through the BS flag I use that brand for match shooting and it holds it's own vs ammo 4x it's cost. So I do some quick math and I could still salvage the deal. So fuck it I get it. But I'm over this fuckstick.
    He kept hitting me up for ammo for the new gun he got. I didn't even look..
    Being my price was a bit more than normal it didn't go right away and things were slowing for Xmas. It sat. Like the last one I got from him, 2 weeks later he wanted it back. Trade for the gun he got with the ammo he found on his own. - YEA NO.
    It has sold and I was able to do ok in it.

Last pistol I got from him was not this much of a cluster but still a pain, he also wanted that one back. New stock gets offered to the inner circle first and I post it to the public. Also thought the wife would want it. Soon as he asked to get it back I posted it in the open and it sold 15min later. I loved texting back nope sold...right before you asked...

Related rant..I still love UPS/FEXEX leaving guns and silencers that require adult sig on the step or with my 16yo "cause of covid"
    AkaiKitsune
    Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

#2 - Sounds to me that the wear and tear on your own life that you should refuse to deal with him ever again.

Comment

Quoth Rosco the Iroc View Post
      I still love UPS/FEXEX leaving guns and silencers that require adult sig on the step or with my 16yo "cause of covid"
      see also: new laptop delivered a day early (not like I plan for delivery dates or anything) and just left on my porch without even ringing the bell. Thankfully alexa told me "a shipment has arrived" before anything disappeared.

Comment

Keep in mind that delivery notifications aren't even always accurate. Some carriers/drivers might take ages to enter them into the system (tho I would imagine this is rare), and *ahem* "Brown" drivers in some regions have been known to simply mark all of the packages for a given block as "delivered" as soon as they turn onto the street in order to make sure their numbers don't get too low.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

UPS left an adult sig gun on the step and I heard the box hit the porch. Didn't even knock.
          Well, at least it got here.

Shipped a Secret Santa on the 15th of Dec and on the 3rd it finally got to Philly on the 3rd. That's 101mi
          I could have walked it there faster. Still has to get to AR. I guess it will make a good 4th of July gift at this rate.

I've run out of stuff to sell. I have $5K of stock in USPS purgatory.
          AkaiKitsune
          Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Quoth Rosco the Iroc View Post
            I guess it will make a good 4th of July gift at this rate.
            Yes, but which year?
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
              Yes, but which year?
              Touche who knows-
              Knock Knock!
              *who's there
              not fucking USPS

USPS "we move at the speed of smell"

Of course when DC hit the news my phone started melting down. I'm raiding other shops now to fill orders.
              AkaiKitsune

Comment

I sell things on Etsy. I had a Priority package take nearly a month to get delivered. I had a sheet of tracking numbers to check on and at one point all 22 of them were listed as late. It's all shaken loose now, thankfully.

Now I'm just waiting on the negative reviews about shipping times.

Comment

Fun with USPS.
                  On 17th, I placed an order online. Was told delivery by 31st
                  On 22nd, get shipping info and delivery is updated to 26th.
                  On 27th, get notice that it is delayed in transit to next location.
                  On 29th, tracking is updated to say it arrived in Atlanta (nearest big city) on 24th, and there it has sat.

At least the vendor gave me a refund with no hassles.
                  Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                  Save the Ales!
                  Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

You'll probably get it soon.

I had a priority package go out on the 1st of December from Arizona to Missouri. It got marked as Delivered while it was in the Phoenix Distribution center.

She ordered a second one (at a discount, basically at cost for me) on the 12th of December.

Her original ordered magically showed up on the 15th of December (according to the customer anyway, the tracking never changed). Her replacement was delivered on the 21st.

The customer opted to just keep them both, I'd given her the option to refuse one to get the full refund. I laughed when her review mentioned "fast shipping". I shipped the same day she ordered it, it just took forever to get there.

Comment

I had a package (from a KS I backed in 2019) sent: DHL was waiting to receive it on Dec 22nd -- the sending company changed to FedEx due to DHL being shit at this -- so I then also got an update from FedEx saying they were expecting to receive it on the 29th. Still no idea when it's supposed to get here. Neither have progressed beyond the "Expecting a package from [shipper]" stage.
                      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

So I finally got the guns that I was waiting for. The mailman left them on the porch didn't even knock. Since the events, last Wed in DC my phone has been glowing I don't even care. Prob be sold by Thurs.
                        AkaiKitsune

Comment

I had a package coming from somewhere in Mass, get all the way to Tulsa and then suddenly rerouted to DesMoins! ended up taking an extra week to get back to me.
                          This is a drama-free zone; violators will be slapped. -Irving Patrick Freleigh
                          my blog:http://steeledragon.wordpress.com/

Comment

Going 25 days on one. But it's in my regional location. So maybe 2 more weeks. Sent a gun to Va Beach UPS ground-dropped off PM Monday rec by that FFL AM that Thurs.
                            AkaiKitsune

Comment

Earlier this week, I had a bill arrive three days after the payment was due. Luckily, I realized it was coming late and paid it online.
                              Sometimes life is altered.
                              Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                              Uneasy with confrontation.
                              Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Working...
                              X