This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good thing the customer didn't take me up on this

In our tills, we have (of course) rolls of coins, to be opened as needed. For some reason, the rolls of dimes are the WORST. They are either in hard-to-open plastic containers, or hard-to-open plastic containers that have been taped shut ( and I mean taped from one end to the other), or paper rolls ... that, lately, have been taped shut. With tape from one end to the other.

The other day I saw I was getting low on dimes and checked under the $10 bills for more rolls. Just one more roll ... and it was the paper-and-lotsa-tape variety. I had no customers ATM, so I pulled it out and started trying to find just ONE loose edge on the paper from which I could start to peel the roll off. Nothing.

I tossed it back in the till when customers started coming through, but I knew it was going to be needed soon. I finally had the bright idea to not put it back into the till, but rather work on it whenever I had a minute. I was thinking sourly that I would need to use dynamite to get the damn thing open when a customer walked up.

Normal inquiry: "Would you like some bags today?"

My inquiry at that point: "Would you like some dynamite?"

Customer:

I explained what was going on and the customer got a good laugh out of it.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Those awkward moments when your train of thought rolls out of your mouth....

Comment

Quoth Mental_Mouse View Post
      Those awkward moments when your train of thought rolls out of your mouth....
      ... and promptly derails ...
      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
        ... and promptly derails ...
        ...and crashes into another train of thought...
        Don’t worry about what I’m up to. Worry about why you are worried about what I’m up to.

Comment

Working...
        X