No announcement yet.

The Coronavirus Panic Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our Costco now has all the paper products in the northern hemisphere. The overflow filled multiple aisles. I think we're finally going to level out... The county I live in did not report a single new case yesterday, for the first time since early March. Flour seems to still be out of stock but otherwise things are pretty good. Even some disinfecting wipes for a few weeks now. Not much, but some.
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• One odd side-effect of the current state of affairs; the Store has about four or five times more leftover Easter candy right now, a full week after Easter, than it usually does the day before Easter most years.

I bought enough half-price Cadbury Crème Eggs today to last me until they go on sale again.

Comment

• Quoth Smapti View Post
        ... I bought enough half-price Cadbury Crème Eggs today to last me until they go on sale again.
        There are never enough Cadbury Crème Eggs to last!

The universe abhors a non-vacuum!
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• Tomorrow face masks/bandanas become mandatory at work.

My claustrophobia is not happy about this at all.

Comment

• Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
            Tomorrow face masks/bandanas become mandatory at work.

My claustrophobia is not happy about this at all.
            The mask doesn't confine you. It confines THEM, away from YOU. As an added plus, humans might give you a wider space with the mask. (Don't even need claustrophobia to appreciate that one)

Comment

• Quoth MadMike View Post
              Couldn't find any Dr. Pepper this time, of all things.
              Ever since this all started, Dr Thunder (Voldemart's version of DP, which I actually prefer (stronger "cherry" taste and, ya know, 1/3 the cost...)) has been really hard to find.
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

• Yah. I'm a fan of Diet Dr. Thunder, which has a different combination of artificial sweeteners that I tolerate better than what most diet sodas have nowadays.

Comment

• My family is having Zoom meetings every Sunday, and we're sending each other "care packages" of stuff that one state can't find but another can (aunt in CA can't find veg seeds at all, we couldn't find yeast for awhile, everyone else can't find Easter candy so we're sending them all the chocolate and Peeps we can find, etc).

Still a run on paper goods and cleaning supplies which is odd. Mom is thinking there's going to be a meat shortage; we have a few regional farms that do "subscription boxes" of various meat so we might try that. If we can get a slot.
                  "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                  "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• If anyone is desperate for anything from over here, just wave a flipper. I have definitely got packets of veggie seeds around We also have plenty of Easter candy still in the shops(at this rate it'll be sharing them with the Christmas cards)
                    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• Quoth Smapti View Post
                      One odd side-effect of the current state of affairs; the Store has about four or five times more leftover Easter candy right now, a full week after Easter, than it usually does the day before Easter most years.

I bought enough half-price Cadbury Crème Eggs today to last me until they go on sale again.
                      Sadly that was not the case in my city.

I drove around a bit easter Saturday, but I didn't step foot into a store; every place had lineups. Walmart was 50 deep (spaced out), and even all the Dollarama's were 5-10 deep (spaced out).

Went out Easter Monday, and there was nothing left that I could find. I did get some cream eggs and a couple of bunnies, but the ones I really like were long gone.

Otherwise, for the most part people seem to be taking things in stride here. New Brunswick is relatively lightly impacted as far as cases go, and people seem to be following the rules for the most part. Stores are limiting entry (hence the lineups), but if you go before noon, or after 6, the lines seem to be gone.

It sounds like if things stay like they are, we might be taking the first recovery steps in a few weeks. And what's nice, is they've already said that nursaries and garden centres may open, as long as they take the right precautions. The biggest Nursary in the region is doing its best to figure out how it can rearrange things to open up to people while maintaining proper distancing now. (And doing curbside pickup in the mean time)

Comment

• Stores here are limiting entry as well, and a few are only allowing people who are wearing a face covering. Which is exactly what needs to happen; our governor has issued a advisory for masks/face coverings whenever you are out in public but we still see people without. Even a bandana is acceptable as long as your nose and mouth are covered.
                        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• Masks became mandatory for us on Saturday. They suck. With the way stuff changes everyday, we're all hoping this is one that gets changed quick. I mean it defeats the purpose of them if we keep pulling them down because they're uncomfortable.

The way this next week works out I'm off more than working so I'm just glad I don't have to be anywhere.
                          I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

• Masks became mandatory in PA last night. Our lockdown was supposed to expire April 30 but now it got extended until May 8. FUCK!

Quoth Trixie View Post
                            I mean it defeats the purpose of them if we keep pulling them down because they're uncomfortable.
                            Tell me about it. They say not to touch them after you put them on, but the damn things itch! It's damn near impossible not to touch them!
                            Sometimes life is altered.
                            Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                            Uneasy with confrontation.
                            Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

• Quoth MadMike View Post
                              Masks became mandatory in PA last night. Our lockdown was supposed to expire April 30 but now it got extended until May 8. FUCK!
                              Aren't you the lucky ones. Just to the south of you in VA the lock down is until June 10.

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                              We also have plenty of Easter candy still in the shops(at this rate it'll be sharing them with the Christmas cards)
                              Looks like we'll be getting some sweets in our annual Customers Suck Christmas Card exchange this year.
                              Last edited by EricKei; 04-21-2020, 11:43 AM. Reason: merged consecutive posts
                              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                                If anyone is desperate for anything from over here, just wave a flipper. I have definitely got packets of veggie seeds around We also have plenty of Easter candy still in the shops(at this rate it'll be sharing them with the Christmas cards)
                                I'm desperate for human contact, face to face with my friends. Gonna be desperate for groceries soon; car won't start.
                                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
                                X