No announcement yet.

The Coronavirus Panic Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah appointments seemed non existent but I finally got one way across town, so it's a pain in the butt to get to but oh well. It's a drive through clinic which works for me. And yeah I finally got eligible on the 29th of March, being over 50.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

• My parents have both had their second jab. Mom's was delayed for about a week or so because she wasn't feeling well on the day she was supposed to get hers, and there were concerns she might have caught Covid.

Fortunately, the test came back negative.

Sis has gotten her appointment for jab one. Not sure about her hubby.

Among my roommates, I remain the only one fully vax'd, but the two most at-risk have both gotten their first jab.
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• My parents are both fully vaxxed, as are three of the cousins in NJ. Not sure about the Oregon contingent yet.

I swear the dicknoses are breeding; I just see more and more of them every day. Yesterday (we closed at 5, but do you really think us employees got out of there at 5? NOPE) I had to yell at some dude hanging out at the end of my register with his mask on his chin and breathing in everyone's direction. Luckily the bagging area and belt meant that he was at least 4ft away from me, but still...! Enforcement is still an issue at my store and it's a crapshoot whether a managerial witness will side with you or the customer. It's a public health order, the customer doesn't get to decide.
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• I've seen more and more store workers wearing masks with their noses out lately x.x
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

• Quoth EricKei View Post
            I've seen more and more store workers wearing masks with their noses out lately x.x
            Last time I went to Lowe's, I think about half the employees were like that. I can understand not having the balls to say anything to customers, but you'd think they'd at least enforce it with their employees.
            Sometimes life is altered.
            Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
            Uneasy with confrontation.
            Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

• Quoth MadMike View Post
              but you'd think they'd at least enforce it with their employees.
              That would require management to accurately do work.

Now, if a customer complained, they would be more than happy to write up the employee.
              Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
              Save the Ales!
              Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

• Yeah, and not enforcing it amongst the employees makes it that much harder to enforce it on the cursetomers. This is the case if even one EE in sight is wearing it incorrectly.
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

• Was at the Post Office earlier today. The clerk looked at a maskless man in line and said, "Sir, you're required to wear a mask in here."

He answered in a snotty tone, "It's against my religion to wear a mask, I have a medical condition and you're not allowed to ask about either one!" Everyone in the vicinity groaned loudly.

Fortunately, the post office has plastic barriers between the clerks and the customers, and lots of hand sanitizer. He did at least comply with standing behind the barrier and the six-foot distance.

I don't know of any religion that prohibits medical mask-wearing. He was young, muscular and healthy-looking, so I don't know what, if any, condition he had. But it was pretty obvious nobody was buying his excuse.
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

• The only place I've seen maks rules consistently enforced lately is on the bus, where the drivers will literally pull over and refuse to move if someone isn't wearing a mask properly.

Comment

• Had a guy from "the old country" in my line today (we had a REAL communications problem, but that's another story) who was paying with cash.

He pulled down his mask so he could lick his thumb so he could sift through his bills.

Thank goodness I wear gloves.
                      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Quoth Pixelated View Post
                        He pulled down his mask so he could lick his thumb so he could sift through his bills.
                        Did you make a show of sanitizing the bills then removing and burning your gloves?
                        Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                        Save the Ales!
                        Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

• Got my first shot today (Michelle Pfizer). Zero side effects to report thus far.

Comment

• I get a lot of those customers who will pour loose change in their ungloved hand and expect me to pick through it. I've restarted keeping latex gloves on me; when someone pulls that trick I remove my regular gloves, lightly sanitize my hands, put on the latex gloves and only then will I touch their coins. After placing their change in the drawer I sanitize my gloved hands before making change (don't want to spread any cooties to the rest of the drawer). Then after they leave the checkstand I discard the latex gloves, sanitize and don my regular gloves again.

My goal with that is to make it annoying enough that they'll think twice. Like reusable bags, it's probably to a cashier's discretion and I choose not to.
                            "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                            "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• I'm happy! I got my appointment to get the shot next week. They opened it to anyone that wanted one, but the supply wasn't keeping up with the demand in the locations around me so getting an appointment has been tricky.

Comment

• Quoth csquared View Post
                                Did you make a show of sanitizing the bills then removing and burning your gloves?
                                No, I didn't, but I do like the idea of burning my gloves.

Shortly afterwards I had another customer ...younger than the first ... who came up with his mask firmly in place. At some point I looked up from my keyboard and ... his mask was dangling off one ear. No idea when he did that or why.
                                Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                                ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Working...
                                X