This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Sigh* Help, again, please. Java+program issues

I'm trying to run a program called Eclipse, and when I try to run it, I get this error message:

http://tinypic.com/r/2h6yati/8

I googled it and all I can understand is that Java and Eclipse somehow don't like each other. I don't understand tech speak, so I'll need someone to walk me through the steps.

I'm on a brand new laptop running Windows 8.1 with all current updates, if that helps any.
    Last edited by Aragarthiel; 04-20-2015, 02:02 AM. Reason: Changed huge picture to a link
    The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

It looks like you maybe using an incorrect version of something. One of the lines says

Dosgi.requiredJavaVersion = 1.6.

Also, I assume you're running 64-bit Windows?

Is this a fresh installation of Eclipse?

What version of the JDK are you running?

It's possible you have the JRE (Java Runtime Environment), but not the JDK (Java Development Kit) installed.

That may be why that's happening.
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

It could also be that it's looking for a 32 bit version of Java. I cannot recall if it can switch with no issues or if it requires another download of Eclipse with specific packages.
      But the paint on me is beginning to dry
      And it's not what I wanted to be
      The weight on me
      Is Hanging on to a weary angel - Sister Hazel

Comment

I had an earlier problem because the program was running 32-bit Java and needed 64, but I googled that and understood enough to fix it myself. I just downloaded Eclipse yesterday, and the JDK file I have has the file name jdk-7u79-windows-x64. It was installed yesterday as well.
        The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

Comment

This might be helpful:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...-configuration

Comment

I saw that site, I can't understand most of what it says, and it skips a lot of steps. Like if something says "Change this file to say this," where would the file be, and how do I change it? I'm not a good programming type person.

Comment

Quoth Aragarthiel View Post
              I saw that site, I can't understand most of what it says, and it skips a lot of steps. Like if something says "Change this file to say this," where would the file be, and how do I change it? I'm not a good programming type person.
              Hmmm...you'll have to give me some time to research...

Comment

Working...
              X