This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My boss is a man child

While having your inner child unleashed is a requirement of this job, my boss (Male) seems to embody it in SPADES. How so?

-He has this tendency to do the roll call and/or address the children in one of many random voices. It has now progressed to asking the children what voices they want to hear from him. His current assortment includes Pirate, Scottish, Irish, Elmo and Russian. (No Russian Elmo yet...)

-The above trait has also extended to walkie-talkie calls. Although this may be stopping soon as I had trouble understanding him on my last shift there. (We use walkie-talkies now as we're divided between two buildings and we've had some issues with educators having to duck out to get support for a disruptive child and leaving the educator behind with 30 children...the ratio is meant to be 1:15) What this HASN"T stopped however, is the use of the walkie-talkies to entertain the preschool children we pick up sometimes (these kids have brothers/sisters who attend our service), which results in the kids squealing.

-I've mentioned this before, but on the bus trips to/from an excursion during the holidays, we started breaking out the theme to "Spongebob Squarepants." Guess who now starts it in a dead ringer of the pirate?! (This is one trait I plan on passing over to the crew in NSW)

-Finally, his idea of a company "team building" exercise....is to have everyone partake in a laser skirmish activity with the goal of fundraising (this was a school initiative). I've had to decline however, as it's VERY close to when I leave and I also have an early start the following day!

For some reason, the female bossladies I've worked under don't seem to share the same sense of humour. They'll goof around with the kids sure, but they also tend to be fairly sensible. (It's one of the reasons why I'm also hating managing the service I'm at)
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." -- Tom Baker as The Doctor, 1974

Comment

I've always been a believer in the axiom "You're only as old as you let yourself feel."

Not "as old as you feel," since some people-- like my Mom-- feel a lot older due to physical ailments, etc.

"As old as you let yourself feel." Age is not a number, it's a state of mind.

What's the point in growing up if you can't have any fun anymore?
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

There's kids around, and they probably find it funny.

I always say... the moment you grow old is when you start acting like it.

As long as it isn't inappropriate behavior, I don't see the problem.

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
          "There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." -- Tom Baker as The Doctor, 1974
          Sorry - I detest 'childish'. I love childlike, having an episode of that sense of wonder of seeing or doing something for the first time ever ... childish - throwing a temper tantrum because the sandbox is full or your beer has a millimeter too much foam on it. Big freaking difference. Learn it, use it.
          EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth Moirae View Post
            There's kids around, and they probably find it funny.

I always say... the moment you grow old is when you start acting like it.

As long as it isn't inappropriate behavior, I don't see the problem.
            Oh, I should've clarified.

I don't see it as a problem, I also find it hilarious. I have noticed that it is a common trait of the MALE managers to be this way...the female ones tend to be more subdued.
            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Working...
            X