This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call the locksmith!

Kinda sucks for our food delivery guy. He looked himself out of his van during delivery to our hotel. We had to find a locksmith to get him back in.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

A few years ago, we had one of our service techs lock himself *IN* a van while working out in a field. Turns out, that inside rear door handles is an option on a Ford E-150 work vans. One that was considered, at the time, an 'unnecessarily expense ' on our part
    Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

I'm a locksmiths.

I locked the keys in the service van once WITH all the opening tools. Ooops!
      I had to call the boss.

Funniest part, as I was loitering about the parking lot in my uniform waiting for the boss to arrive some guy comes up to me.............
      "Are you a locksmith? I locked my keys in the car. Can you help me out?"

" Weeeellll........."

Comment

Quoth It shouldn't View Post
        " Weeeellll........."
        You got a good story out of it, so I don't feel too bad telling you this made me laugh.

Comment

I did that once, when I worked as a locksmith.

I even had two sets of keys. One in the ignition, and the other in my jacket pocket in the trunk.

Fortunately that car ('79 Pontiac GLM) had free pawls on the door cylinders. Took my cow-orker about ten seconds to open it with the slim jim. He did have some good-naturedly sarcastic words for me, though.

Comment

So long as you don't lock yourself out of (or in) a convertible with the top down, it's not really a problem.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

On one of those outrageous-911-call shows, there was a bit about a woman who had locked herself IN her car and dropped the keys (presumably after turning the car on). The dispatcher had to talk her through finding the door-unlock button.

I once locked both my dad and I out of the car when we drove to Mesa Verde. Of course it had to be snowing. I didn't live that one down for almost a year.
              "I am quite confident that I do exist."
              "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

I think the funniest keys locked in car moment I've witnessed had to be an electrician I know. He locked his keys in the van and made three phone calls, first one to a locksmith to ask pricing, second one to a junkyard to ask pricing, and a third one to tell the locksmith that he can get a new side window from the junkyard for 1/3 the cost and he wouldn't have to wait and hour and a half for the 'smith to get there.

Comment

Quoth It shouldn't View Post
                  I'm a locksmiths.

I locked the keys in the service van once WITH all the opening tools. Ooops!
                  I had to call the boss.

Funniest part, as I was loitering about the parking lot in my uniform waiting for the boss to arrive some guy comes up to me.............
                  "Are you a locksmith? I locked my keys in the car. Can you help me out?"

" Weeeellll........."
                  You can't be called a locksmith UNTIL you've done that at least once. Me, I've done it a few times, but only once have I had to try and get another locksmith to come and open it for me. The other times I was close enough to base to walk back and get the spare set of keys.

Quoth BearLeeBadenaugh View Post
                  I think the funniest keys locked in car moment I've witnessed had to be an electrician I know. He locked his keys in the van and made three phone calls, first one to a locksmith to ask pricing, second one to a junkyard to ask pricing, and a third one to tell the locksmith that he can get a new side window from the junkyard for 1/3 the cost and he wouldn't have to wait and hour and a half for the 'smith to get there.
                  Then there's the hour or longer of the sparkys time to replace the window. If he charged himself his own labour, then it actually cost him more, particularly if done during a work day.
                  Last edited by aulocksmith; 06-23-2014, 06:55 AM.
                  Mytical: A SC? Make a mistake? Oh goodness no. Must have been the little pink men from the planet parsley in the butternut galaxy. We all know that SC's could NEVER make mistakes.

Comment

I've only ever had to call a locksmith twice. The first time was with my first car. After that, I got a spare key made and kept it in my wallet. I may have locked my keys in the car once or twice after that, but I had the spare.

With my second car, you could only lock the driver door with the key, so it wasn't an issue. Unfortunately, I also got out of the habit of keeping a spare, which caused me a problem when I got my third car. I showed up at the bar for karaoke, parked my car, got out, pushed the door shut, and realized the car was dinging at me just before it shut. To add insult to injury, the DJ busted on me for it, over the microphone, to the amusement of everyone in the bar.

Once, with the car I have now, I not only locked the keys in it, but I left the engine running. I don't know what I was thinking. I parked it, jumped out, locked the door, and pushed it shut without even turning it off. Luckily by then, I had gone back to keeping a spare in my wallet.
                    Sometimes life is altered.
                    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                    Uneasy with confrontation.
                    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

One of the "large group" van drivers locked himself out of the van a week or two back. He called the locksmith Big Green Cab Co is contracted with; the guy charged the driver $52 to slimjim the van.

The driver mentioned this to our Ops manager, who immediately called the locksmith and asked why the charge was so high, and mentioned that he could send another driver out with a spare key for only $20.

Quoth MadMike View Post
                      Once, with the car I have now, I not only locked the keys in it, but I left the engine running. I don't know what I was thinking. I parked it, jumped out, locked the door, and pushed it shut without even turning it off. Luckily by then, I had gone back to keeping a spare in my wallet.
                      That's one nice thing about a Prius, if you try to lock the door with the key inside and nobody in the car, it won't let you.
                      Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
                      OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
                      she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
                      Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Working...
                      X