• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth SmivMoc View Post
    Just to get you in the mood for inventory:

SKU check!
    May I add an 'R' in SKU?
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I never minded inventory all that much because it meant not having to deal with customers and that's great.
      Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
      Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

Quoth gremcint View Post
        I never minded inventory all that much because it meant not having to deal with customers and that's great.
        I don't deal with customers most of the time anyway (being in the back room handling the direct store deliveries has its advantages.) so that day of the year (which was today, BTW) is usually rather boring.

Today I had to help put stuff back on the tops of the shelves (not an easy feat for me, as I do have trouble with the tall ladders and some of the bigger boxes of cat litter I had to leave on the floor b/c they were too damned heavy for me to lift up over my head) and helping with recounts, it wasn't too bad.

Of course tomorrow I'll be working my ass off . . . most of the deliveries I would have had today will be coming tomorrow. And I only have just over 7 1/2 hrs I can work before I hit the corporate dreaded OT.

At least tomorrow is Friday . . . . which means I can kick back and relax this weekend.
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
          Today we tried to push out as much toilet paper as we could from the backroom, even though there wasn't much there to begin with. One of the truck kids built a main-aisle display of toilet paper, and it looks like CRAP. Many of the packages are turned backwards and upside down, and it just looks like a big pile. Corporate would veto this because it isn't "impactful" and doesn't "drive sales."
          Is there an English version of "impactful" (shudder, retch)?
          "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Ah, yes, the joys of corporate-speak

I can give it a shot: "That which has an impact on the customer, thus grabbing their attention and making them more likely to buy" - "impressive" - "attractive (to the customer)" - "effective as an advertisement for the product"

Do those work?
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I could deduce the intended meaning, just hated the linguistic mutilation going on. Is simply speaking normal-person English too much to ask?
              "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Why do retail stores have to hire an inventory service AS WELL as have the staff count the merchandise? To see if it detects if some items have been stolen?
                cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

For more inventory-related fun,venture over to Retail comic this week kids
                  The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth cindybubbles View Post
                    Why do retail stores have to hire an inventory service AS WELL as have the staff count the merchandise? To see if it detects if some items have been stolen?
                    In my company, staff counts the backroom and a few things on the salesfloor. Inventory service (not eReGIS) does the rest.
                    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

We had an outside company come into our store ONCE to do stocktake, but we spent so much time fixing their mistakes, they just let store staff do counts now

Comment

At least your inventory company doesn't have your mortal enemy as its team leader ...the one that vowed unspeakable revenge on your company when you had him arrested
                        The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                          doesn't have your mortal enemy as its team leader ... had him arrested
                          THAT sounds like a story worth hearing! (Or a link if you've posted it already?)

Quoth EricKei View Post
                          I do believe Kit's talking about the recent storyline in Norm Feuti's Retail comic
                          oops! Thanks, EK.
                          Last edited by sms001; 06-18-2014, 10:02 PM.

Comment

I do believe Kit's talking about the recent storyline in Norm Feuti's Retail comic
                            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

With such a small shrinkage rate, I expect the *next* inventory audit to show a huge one instead. I'll leave the reasoning as an exercise to the reader.

Comment

Quoth Chromatix View Post
                                With such a small shrinkage rate, I expect the *next* inventory audit to show a huge one instead. I'll leave the reasoning as an exercise to the reader.
                                Never done inventory, but my guess is that the shrink happened but false numbers were put in to show that it hadn't happened. Next audit will get real numbers, so 2 audit periods worth of shrink will show up in a single audit.
                                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                                X