This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God save my soul

It's going to be HELL once people get wind of this. My store is mostly a retail establishment, with some food shoe-horned in. The company that owns us has another branch that is similar, but takes WIC. We, for the longest time, due to our much smaller selection than those branches, didn't accept WIC. So guess what?

We now take WIC.

It's not so much a big deal for ME, since I used to work at the other branch for a year or so, and the system is apparently the same from what I gather, but it's the fact that I'M THE ONLY ONE THAT KNOWS IT. Seriously. The rest of the people in the store have never worked at the alternate branch, and all they gave us for 'training' was two pages of 'X goes here' 'Y goes here', which wouldn't be bad, if they actually had someone who knew how it actually worked, aside from some damn pictures. Even dummy WIC forms would have been nice.

My freaking manager, who I expected was smarter than this, to understand, "A- Put in record #", couldn't understand ANY of it, and I had to deal with her ass for 15 minutes while delaying my break. She kept getting stuck at the instructions that were so miniscule that I just told her to ignore it. "But it says Y!" "...Just IGNORE Y. Listen to X". Then the 'find the errors!' sheet... She pointed to the SINGLE ONE that was correct and said, "There has to be something wrong with this! There's no amount on it!". For the record, she was pointing to the average WIC form, not the produce WIC form, whose only difference is that the fruit has a monetary limit. I'd love to see her limit people buying formula to the ever-varying prices of different stores. Produce is one thing, but GAH. I still don't think she gets it, but I quelled it by telling her that's just the way it is, and no, you don't need a damn amount on it!

And that's my MANAGER. God forbid all my coworkers who, A) Haven't received training yet, or B) Probably didn't get the proper idea out of a chart they got to look at for maybe ten minutes tops. Thankfully, if the program is the same that I've worked with, it points out everything for you, but I guess that's because the machine assumes you're an idiot where I work...

So I predict that I will be helping A LOT when people realize they can use their vouchers here.
    My only regret is that I don't have a better word for "F@#k You".

I foresee a _lot_ of problems in the future, some of which may be serious enough to get your store banned from WIC.

Best of luck, you're going to need it!

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
      I foresee a _lot_ of problems in the future, some of which may be serious enough to get your store banned from WIC.

Best of luck, you're going to need it!
      Haha, I already scared my manager after I was tired of her arguing with me. "You do X, not Y, and if it gets screwed up enough, we could lose our license for it." "OMG! D:"

That might not be EXACTLY the case, but it worked, didn't it?

Comment

Ah yes. "Herp derp, other store does this so we can too!" Gotta love it.

Or not, when the government is involved.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Oh WIC. What a lovely beast that was to deal with when I worked in retail. I was lucky enough to have done the paper WIC vouchers in FL and then moved to MI where they have WIC cards...so it wasn't too much of an adjustment. Teaching new cashiers how to do WIC though... not fun. Good Luck!!

Comment

Eh, we're not really a hot spot for ANY dealings with WIC due to how small our selection is, but we do have the basics. We have the paper vouchers over here, which I'm used to, so I won't be in bad shape, but I predict tons of questions... We've been told to explicitly ask for a supervisor if there's any complications. FYI, the supervisors haven't dealt with this stuff first hand either! So yeah, a learning experience for them, I suppose... More job security for me, eh?

Comment

Working...
            X