• Show
Clear All

• My spellchecker is perverted...

Today's report write up...

'There was a member of staff vaping in the doorway'

Word not recognized:vaping

Did you mean 'There was a member of staff fapping in the doorway'

No.No I didn't

Lousy pub anyway.Got everyone's steak wrong and whilst waiting for the meal,there was a cry from the kitchen of 'I've lost the till keys'
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

You *hope* that you didn't anyway....
    I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

If you read the offerings on damnyouautocorrect.com, it seems to be quite common for spellcheck to take the most vulgar possible option.
      "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Ah, spellcheck/autocorrect...

As an experiment, my sister once ran spellcheck over a fiction writing assignment, and took the first suggestion for every "misspelled" word. Nothing got quite as vulgar as vaping -> fapping, but she did wind up with a character named Amend Molehills...
        "I often look at every second idiot and think, 'He needs more power.'" --Varric Tethras, Dragon Age II

Comment

One version of PC-Write (DOS-based word processor - still have it on floppy somewhere) handled its spellcheck suggestions by asking:

Replace (unrecognized word) with (suggestion)?

Many years ago, when I was writing to my mother about purchasing my first car, the brand I had bought wasn't in the dictionary, so it asked "Replace Hyundai with Honda?". Later versions of PC-Write had an updated dictionary that recognized Korean cars. Never thought I'd get automotive advice from a word processor.
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
          X