This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Several WTFs from this week

This is not from as many different customers as it should be.
    • 12 days is not "3 or 4 weeks"!
    • Read the information we send you! Your preliminary docs clearly state that you'll have closing fees.
    • Oh, gee, you wondered why you had so much money in your checking account? Maybe you should have checked that your automatic payment went through before you spent that money!
    • No, we didn't take an automatic payment for your loan. Your loan is matured. Until your loan is rewritten and you sign another automatic payment form, we're not going to take another automatic payment.
    • No, the force-placed insurance the bank purchased is not good enough. If your house burns down, your loan will be paid off, but you won't get anything, and you won't have a house any more!
    • I left 5 messages on your voicemail in the past week. You never returned my calls, so now I'm sending you a letter. Don't act surprised.
    • Your loan matures in March, not May. Read the paperwork you signed.
    • It's great that you keep making payments on your loan, but it [ed. -- the balloon] matured almost 2 months ago. If you'd return my phone calls or read the letters we sent you (or the documents you signed when you renewed the loan last), you'd know that!

And one for my coworkers:
    • If you want me to help you with something, ask! Don't expect me to overhear everything you whisper across the lobby at each other.
    Last edited by Ghel; 03-26-2015, 09:09 PM. Reason: added clarification
    "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
    -Mira Furlan

Money

You have a customer who insists on give more money than they own, that one is a keeper!

What happens to the extra money they send you?

Comment

Oh, I suppose I should have clarified that. The customer who keeps making monthly payments, that's on a ballooned mortgage. They need to renew the balloon, but they won't return my messages so I can get the information I need from them to renew the loan. Since the loan is matured, the loan continues to show it's past due, no matter how many extra payments they make. And it will continue to show past due until they renew the balloon.
      "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
      -Mira Furlan

Comment

Quoth Ghel View Post
        This is not from as many different customers as it should be.
        • 12 days is not "3 or 4 weeks"!
        • Read the information we send you! Your preliminary docs clearly state that you'll have closing fees.
        • Oh, gee, you wondered why you had so much money in your checking account? Maybe you should have checked that your automatic payment went through before you spent that money!
        • No, we didn't take an automatic payment for your loan. Your loan is matured. Until your loan is rewritten and you sign another automatic payment form, we're not going to take another automatic payment.
        • No, the force-placed insurance the bank purchased is not good enough. If your house burns down, your loan will be paid off, but you won't get anything, and you won't have a house any more!
        • I left 5 messages on your voicemail in the past week. You never returned my calls, so now I'm sending you a letter. Don't act surprised.
        • Your loan matures in March, not May. Read the paperwork you signed.
        • It's great that you keep making payments on your loan, but it [ed. -- the balloon] matured almost 2 months ago. If you'd return my phone calls or read the letters we sent you (or the documents you signed when you renewed the loan last), you'd know that!
        How many of these are Betty?
        "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
          How many of these are Betty?
          Only the last one. Although she's having similar issues with insurance and returning messages.
          -Mira Furlan

Comment

Quoth Ghel View Post
            the force-placed insurance the bank purchased is not good enough. If your house burns down, your loan will be paid off, but you won't get anything, and you won't have a house any more![/LIST]
            Reminds me of a customer we just had. Told us that the second hand chainsaw he brought was a gift from his dad (cause then he could use the receipt and get a replacement rather than depreciated settlement). Naturally this was found out, he was declined.

Spoke to my manager that afternoon and was told "As of (claim date) you have no insurance on your home or contents - you will need to speak to another provider".

No update from him; so bank risk(aka Force Place) insurance put in place. Explained what this means to him - he asks us to reconsider. We did, still declined, still cancelled. Told him again he NEEDS to find alternative cover. Explained again what Bank Risk covers....still doesn't get it.

Knows he's enough in the shit to send emotionally charged emails however "I now have to lie awake worrying about my families future" "becuase I dont have a chainsaw we will have no firewood this winter" etc
            How ever do they manage to breathe for themselves without having to call tech support? - Argabarga

Comment

Quoth TimmyHate View Post
              Explained again what Bank Risk covers....still doesn't get it.
              Yeah, I get this a lot, too. Customers seem to think that the bank risk / force placed insurance is the same as insurance that they would buy, even though it specifically says in the two letters they receive:

Please be advised that the insurance we buy will cover [Bank]’s interest in the property and not yours. The insurance we buy may be more expensive than the insurance you can buy yourself. Additionally, the insurance we buy may not provide as much coverage as an insurance policy you buy yourself.
              But we all know how well customers read. Luckily, we only have a handful of customers who don't have homeowners insurance. And like with the customer I described in the OP, we're refusing to renew ballooned mortgages if the customer doesn't at least attempt to get insurance. (If they can't get insurance, the property's probably not worth anything.)
              -Mira Furlan

Comment

I was very close to being stuck with force-placed insurance once. We had moved out of our house to our new one and were preparing the old house for sale. Unlike most people, I read my policy and saw the bits about the house needing to be occupied in order for the insurance to be valid (at least, the parts that cover things that don't usually happen in occupied houses), and that after 30 empty days, it wasn't occupied any more.

Like a good customer, I called my insurance company and asked them how much it would be to cover my soon-to-be "unoccupied" house. Their response? "We are now declining to renew your policy (it due for renewal in a couple of weeks); we don't cover unoccupied houses." So, now, with two weeks left in my policy I will soon have no insurance, and now I have to answer yes on applications where I'm asked if an insurer declined to renew me. Our agency did not work with any insurer that provided such coverage.

We had to go to a new insurance agent, it took her an entire week to line up our new policies (just making it under the loss of our coverage), and it cost me a *bleeping!* fortune. (IIRC, it was like $300/mo for a $200k house.) Afterwards, my real estate agent said he had never even heard of any of his clients selling an unoccupied house bothering to inform their insurance company... I wonder how often it comes up during claims? It's not like it would be that hard to figure out we weren't living there if the house burnt down, was ransacked, water pipe blew, etc.

Comment

Quoth Ghel View Post
                  Only the last one. Although she's having similar issues with insurance and returning messages.
                  That woman is...interesting. Her relationship to money seems so abstract. I have a certain degree of financial illiteracy myself, but she seems not to understand the very nature of economics, much less budgeting. It sounds like she signed the docs for a balloon loan without really knowing what it is.

"I have a business, it's doing well, so why am I always broke?" Well, because you have no idea what your money is doing. You don't know how your own business is being financed. You could serve the greatest food in the Universe and have a butt in every seat for the entire weekend, but it's not going to mean boo if you miss your obligations and the bank decides to foreclose - you're out of business no matter how good your hot wings are. And yes, I loved your chili-cheese burritos, but you were absolute crap when it came to managing your inventory, and when you kept selling the same special every week for two months it was pretty obvious that you were trying to unload product that you'd over-ordered. Again. But really, for God's sake, you run a restaurant; why didn't you pay your damn business taxes for three years? Did you just hope the State of Maine wouldn't notice and...

...is this getting less theoretical than I'd intended?

(Loved that pub. Miss that pub.)

Comment

Quoth sirwired View Post
                    I wonder how often it comes up during claims? It's not like it would be that hard to figure out we weren't living there if the house burnt down, was ransacked, water pipe blew, etc.
                    Yikes. Yes it does come up - not just during sales but with rental properties etc. It is a total pain in the ass.
                    How ever do they manage to breathe for themselves without having to call tech support? - Argabarga

Comment

Working...
                    X