This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The return of Redbeard

The site has finally been unblocked from work, so I'm back with my tales of pain and woe

Todays tale is one of confusion indeed

ME: That'd be myself
    SC: Stupid customer
    IH: Impatient husband

We will join our hero halfway through the call, where our less than intelligent caller has been frustrating him with interrupted answers and incomplete questions, but has determined what television package she likes, and that she doesn't need internet, nope. Don't offer it again, I don't want it)

ME: So we have the television package that works for you, it sounds like you don't need our top phone service, let's go ahead and set you up with the saver service. That gives you unlimited calling anywhere in the US and Canada with no voice mail and only 3 features.
    SC: Okay, this sounds good. I just need to make sure about long distance charges
    ME: Like I said, anywhere in the US and Canada, no long distance fees.
    SC: Okay yes, but I want to talk about long distance charges!
    ME: There are no charges as long as you are calling anywhere in the US and Canada. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. No charges. At all.
    SC: I AM TALKING ABOUT LONG DISTANCE CHARGES!
    ME: So am I. None as long as...(customer interrupts again)
    SC: Yes, yes. I know this! But what about people calling ME? I want to know if you will charge them long distance!
    ME: (the light, it dawns) Ah, I see. Well, that's not something that we can control, it would depend on the carrier.
    SC: YOU would be the carrier, how much!?
    ME: You see, we would be YOUR carrier, but not theirs unless they had an Aperture service as well. So it depends on who is calling you and what company they are calling from
    (I'll spare you at this point. I shit you not, this went on for nearly 10 minutes, more or less, at this point, she was almost screaming into the phone about long distance charges. When suddenly, like a dino on Jurrasic park, a gender change occurs!)
    IH: What about TV and internet. Forget the phone.
    Me: Okay, what kind of speeds are you
    IH: (like wife, like husband) I want fast! How much?
    Me: (finally giving up patience as my shift ended 10 minutes earlier) the package has these channels and this speed, the cost is
    IH: HOW MUCH!
    Me: AS I WAS SAYING (I admit it, I raised my voice, I was starting to get PI
    SSED) the normal price is this much, the sale price is this much, installation is this much. Do you want it or not?
    IH: We were checking prices. Okay. *click*
    (At this point I went home, had a couple of Guinness, some Bushmills and Kraken and watched The Flash. Life was better)

Ahh, here's where you went wrong:

"Will you charge people calling me long distance?"

"No, we won't."

Perfectly true. If her callers get charged, offer to go through their phone bill with them to locate the Aperture charge on their bill.

Comment

Why the hell does she even CARE if you're charging people who call her?? If she's not paying for their phone service, too, it's not even any of her business.

Arrgh, I just....this breaks my brain.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
        Why the hell does she even CARE if you're charging people who call her??
        I thought she was asking if she would get charged if someone called her long distance. Either way, she's an idiot.

Comment

How much of your life did this loon eat away? And all so they could 'check prices'. I suspect that they just didn't want to admit they didn't like your prices. Or that their head was up their butt. (maybe that's why they couldn't hear you?)

Comment

I think they wanted to "Jerk Prices".
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
              Why the hell does she even CARE if you're charging people who call her?? If she's not paying for their phone service, too, it's not even any of her business.

Arrgh, I just....this breaks my brain.
              Argh, is she my roomies mom??

We do not have a land line, have not for probably 15 years. She does not seem to be able to get it through her head that when she calls us, our cell company charges US minutes. So my roomie does not answer the phone when she calls but calls her back on Skype. She can not conceive of someone not having a land line [well, she is 80 ... ]

Am I evil for tapping off the damned wireless router when the arguing gets on my nerves? *sigh*
              EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
                ... Am I evil for tapping off the damned wireless router...
                Only if your roomie isn't paying you to.
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth siskaren View Post
                  I thought she was asking if she would get charged if someone called her long distance. Either way, she's an idiot.
                  Well, there was this:

But what about people calling ME? I want to know if you will charge them long distance!
                  But maybe she thought their charges would be added to her bill?
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
                  X