Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want a baseball bat..... (warning LONG)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want a baseball bat..... (warning LONG)

and have the ability to USE it.

I did not take this order over the phone but I had to deliver it.

Call comes in around 11:40. The customer states they are at CI hotel on R Way. Order taker confirms this fact then proceeds to take the order. Order gets made and I dispatch myself and go on my way.

When I get to the CI hotel I look at the room number as I am getting out of my car and realize that this particular hotel does NOT have a room 101 (yes it pays to know the excentricities of the hotels in your delivery area). Where room 101 should be there is the hotel maintenance and laundry facilities AND the small indoor pool the hotel has. The time is now 12:05am and the order is due at 12:15am.

I ask the desk clerk if they have a guest with the given last name. He tells me no. GREAT!!!!! I ask him to call a related hotel CS (that some people confuse with CI hotel unless you specifically inquire as to the specific location and street) on B St. (and this hotel is in another store's deliver and WAY out of ours). I assume he called CI hotel several times to finally get through. Stand around and wait for the desk person. The last call he get through and as to a guest with <last name> in room 101. he states that YES the guest is at that CS hotel in room 101.

I call the store to get a ruling to see of the GM wants me to deliver this order (a 8 mile drive from CI hotel). Since the sister store is now closed I am told to go to CS hotel to deliver the order.

Great this will take me at least 20 minutes as CS hotel is only reachable on surface streets (no highway involved). Time now 12:15pm. Hop into my car and start driving arriving at CS hotel at approximately
    12:35am. I go to the front desk to actually check if said guest is ACTUALLY at this hotel (CS). The desk clerk looks and ...........

Wonder of wonders

NO guest with that name is registered at CS Hotel.

QUE much frustration on my part. I ask is someone called to inquire about said guest with <last name> in room 101. The clerk says No no one called about that guest.

Get on the phone to the GM, give them the story and express my frustration. GM tells me to come on back to the store as this is turning into a farce of not so small proportions.

GREAT 5 miles and 15 minutes drive back to the store. Time now 12:40am.

As I am about 2 blocks from the store (time now about 12:55am) my cell phone rings. It is the store. The customer has called in and FULLY ADMITTED giving us the WRONG FRIGGIN hotel address. They are actually at CIS hotel on A St. (about a mile away from CI hotel) AND THEY STILL WANT THEIR ORDER.

GREAT now add in another 7 miles round trip and another 20 -25 minutes round trip to deliver the order. THe one good thing was the GM did NOT discount the order and I got 4 runs credit.

ALL told I drove about 25 miles and was gone 70 minutes (not all on sub-minimum since the GM undispatched me from the order after the first hotel).

IF you actually managed to follow all of this conveluded story good for you.
    Last edited by Racket_Man; 03-24-2015, 08:23 AM.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

I hope they didn't stiff you after all that. At least they fessed up to the mistake! Practically makes them a model customer by the standards of this board!

Comment

How do people really not know where they're staying? Most hotels that I've been to have a list of pizza/fast food delivery places by the phone, and the list includes "YOU ARE AT [Hotel Name], 123 Main Street, Winchestertonfieldville, Iowa, Room [#]".
      The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

Let me take a guess, after all that FUBAR you got stiffed...

Comment

A lot of people are really ignorant and refuse to admit they're wrong.

Trust me, I work with people who will argue with you until they are blue in the face that they are right about the world being shaped like a uterus.
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

That's a special level of "stoopid" right there.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth sirwired View Post
              I hope they didn't stiff you after all that. At least they fessed up to the mistake! Practically makes them a model customer by the standards of this board!
              Quoth eltf177 View Post
              Let me take a guess, after all that FUBAR you got stiffed...
              Yes they did indeed stiff me (well I got like 7 cents order total 22.18 and I got 22.25)
              I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
              -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Working...
              X