This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add This One to the Field Guide

That's a new one as far as fake permits go. Never seen one that someone tried to SHAVE.

As in, they took what was once a real, valid, temp permit, and slowly picked away at the surface until they'd scrubbed off enough of it that the original dates were gone, and then wrote new numbers over top of that.

Being that the permits are made of cardstock, which is relatively thick compared to paper, you can peel away a fractional millimeter of that material onion-like without putting a hole in it. If you have a steady hand that is.

This person's touch wasn't exactly surgical, and one of their excavations went a bit too deep and came out the other side, leaving a tiny hole they tried to plug with scotch tape.

And even if they hadn't done that, walking around to the backside of the car and viewing it from the reverse angle? And seeing the four or five spots where there was a surplus of sunlight coming through, that didn't jibe with the average opacity exhibited by the rest of the thing? Well that clinched it.

At least they looked at a calendar and got days and dates that matched reality, this upcoming Friday will indeed be the 14th. Gold star for you on that, you can come pick that award up at the impound yard. and remember, it's an honor just to be nominated! Let alone win.

All things considered, it was very convincing. They MIGHT have gotten away with it, if they hadn't also been driving an overly-conspicuous car that I KNOW I have towed before. A souped-up rice burner with some tacky aftermarket rims and aftermarket stick-on bodypanels. Since I know you've made our hit parade before, you bet any "permit" I see in that car is going to be assumed guilty until proven innocent. To your misfortune.

DIdn't your momma ever tell you "don't pick at that you'll only make it worse?"

Also, I'd like to take a moment here to respond to the lady who accused me of "predatory towing".

I was THERE FIRST.

You drove in BEHIND ME and parked.

WITHOUT a permit despite ME being there and a BIG SIGN being there saying you'd be TOWED if you didn't have one.

It's not entrapment if you shoot someone in front of a cop and get arrested, and it's NOT predatory when I'm minding my own business and you illegally park RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME.

When the prey steps in FRONT of a predator and drops it's pants, that's not the predator being PREDATORY, that's the prey being SUICIDALLY STUPID.

Thank you.
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

How difficult could it possibly be to actually go to the office that issues the parking permits and ask for a new one?

Comment

Quoth strawbabies View Post
      How difficult could it possibly be to actually go to the office that issues the parking permits and ask for a new one?
      it probably requires money and/or intelligence

Comment

And here I'm thinking Argabarga needs a nice Bill Engval sound-clip. "Here's your sign"

Comment

They should cut out the middle man and have the towing company sell parking permits. ��
          "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
            They should cut out the middle man and have the towing company sell parking permits equip all of Argabarga's vehicles with sound cameras and sell the footage. ��
            Fixed that!

Comment

Quoth strawbabies View Post
              See, that requires the Sucktomer to spend money, and/or give that money to The Man**(TM), and they would rather spend, say, five hours finding a way to cheat The Man(TM) than spend five minutes getting the permit legitimately.
              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

My in-laws live in an apartment complex. They have a place to park at their door, but only one, so when we visit, we have to drive over to the visitor spots and park. The visitor spots are often full, requiring us to drive a bit further down to the next set of visitor slots. Means a bit of a walk.

Across from the nearer visitor slots are five "permit only" spots. In the times I have visited, there are always minimum three, sometimes all five of those permit only spots available. Every. Single. Time. we have to park in the further lot, my in-laws insist that we can just park in those permit only slots because they are never checked. I then think of these posts, and I tell them I really don't mind the extra walk.

Comment

The car

Quoth dawnfire View Post
                  The description of the cars usually talked about indicate that the owners have money, they just don't want to spend it on permits.

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
                    The description of the cars usually talked about indicate that the owners have money, they just don't want to spend it on permits.
                    Yep. See they are special snowflakes that the world owes them for gracing it with their prescience. It has to be true, their mama (or daddy) told them so. That mean ol towtruck driver just doesn't know who they are dealing with!

Now in reality, they are not as special as they think themselves, and said Towtruck driver *motions for everybody to come over*, and don't go spreading this around now.. the tow truck driver has a Job to do. I know, crazy thought right??
                    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

I have been asked, numerous times, "why can't you just let me go, just this once?"

And the answer is ALWAYS to point at the 4 or 5 cars closest to me and say "Wouldn't be fair to this guy, or that guy, or that guy, who all bought permits for here, should we just tell them they wasted their money? The rules don't REALLY apply?"

To their credit, I've NEVER gotten a snappy comeback from that.
                      - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
                        I have been asked, numerous times, "why can't you just let me go, just this once?"
                        Quote youtube channel Reponut: Matt says "It's my job. You don't want me to do my job?"

Comment

Quoth dawnfire View Post
                          Yeah, this is the part I don't get either.

It's not just the money. It's the time. Time wasted when I could be doing better things than finding a ride when my car is towed and getting to the impound yard and paying more money than the permit would have cost to get my car back!

I don't mind wasting time or money. But I'll waste it on my terms, thank you very much.
                          They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth bankworking View Post
                            My in-laws live in an apartment complex. They have a place to park at their door, but only one, so when we visit, we have to drive over to the visitor spots and park. The visitor spots are often full, requiring us to drive a bit further down to the next set of visitor slots. Means a bit of a walk.

Across from the nearer visitor slots are five "permit only" spots. In the times I have visited, there are always minimum three, sometimes all five of those permit only spots available. Every. Single. Time. we have to park in the further lot, my in-laws insist that we can just park in those permit only slots because they are never checked. I then think of these posts, and I tell them I really don't mind the extra walk.
                            My response to these types is typically "shut the f*** up, it's my choice" I'm not some lazy piece of crap that can't walk the extra 20 feet; plus, I'd much rather walk that extra distance and not worry than having to spend the entire time worrying about my car being tagged/towed.

A co-worker recently had one of these. He was on a jobsite and the contact assured him that it's fine to park in the handicap spot out front. He's now fighting with the boss over the $500 ticket that he got for parking in that spot "that's fine, everybody always parks there and never gets a ticket". While I sympathize over his financial pain, I can't help but think, hey, it's your own fault you lazy dumbass.
                            D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
                            Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
                              No, will not let you go.
                              Let me go!
                              To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Working...
                              X