This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The cranky lady at 7am

Most hotels I worked at would allow early checkins if there were clean rooms available. Normal checkin time was usually 3pm but at one hotel I worked at we could check you in as early as 7am.

Most of our guests also understood that if the hotel was sold out the night before there would not be any clean rooms that early until people checked out and housekeepers were available to clean rooms.

Guests were also told that if they wanted an early checkin and we would be close to selling out the night before we would require them to book a room and pay for it on our sold out night even if they were not going to occupy the room until early the next morning. This would guarantee that the room would be clean and available that early.

Cue the cranky lady from hell. She arrived at 7am on a saturday morning and demanded we check her in. Problem was we had sold out friday night and there was nothing clean. She argued with us for quite awhile and tried to tell us she was guaranteed early checkin - well, no not really. Everyone knew we would be sold out on friday and nobody would have told her that.

She just would not stop. yeghaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

When I've wanted an early checkin, what I mostly wanted was someplace safe to leave my luggage. I've never yet had a hotel I was booked into that wouldn't let me leave my bags with them while I went and had breakfast, or did some basic tourism, or otherwise occupied my time until checkin!

Admittedly, yes, there were times when I would have loved to have a shower or a nap. Some major transport hubs, particularly those with long-haul travel, have showers available. Naps in safe places are harder to find.
    Seshat's self-help guide:
    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

She was probably travelling all night and needed some sleep. I've been in situations like that before, I just cannot for the life of me sleep in anything that moves, and red-eye flights combined with being a two-hour drive from the airport in good traffic means that sometimes I've slept until dinnertime. But she should really know that arguing isn't going to change the fact that there aren't any clean rooms.
      The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

There they go again guaranteeing the impossible
        Seriously though, who doesn't realize that an early check-in is a crap shot?! Never mind, I just remembered the forum name.
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Too much TV?

Maybe I watch too much court shows, but that does sound like "There was no meeting of the minds" and thus the contract between her and the hotel is NULL and VOID which of-course means you should just cancel her reservation so she can go find a hotel that operates the way she wants them to.

Am I wrong?

Comment

Maybe this SC had has success with the "Demand something impossible and, eventually, it WILL happen" tack in the past -- I can certainly see Reality deciding to take a hit for the team and bend itself just to shut her up...
            Quoth Aragarthiel View Post
            I just cannot for the life of me sleep in anything that moves
            Same here. I've come close -- but never closer than when I'm the one driving. I wonder why nobody ever wants to be my passenger on long trips...? Hmmmmm.

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
            Maybe I watch too much court shows, but that does sound like "There was no meeting of the minds"
            Sounds about right to me. A meeting of the minds requires that two minds be present, not just the worker's, so that would be impossible in this scenario.
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a hotel room and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time.
              To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

I just cannot for the life of me sleep in anything that moves
                You do realize that the Earth is traveling around the sun at over 66,000 MPH, not to mention the solar system moving as the Milky Way both rotates about its axis and travels through space? Try getting some sleep now.
                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

She was going to a meeting and needed an early shower. We told her she could use the shower in the pool bathroom. She was not happy with that either - but really who cares.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                    You do realize that the Earth is traveling around the sun at over 66,000 MPH, not to mention the solar system moving as the Milky Way both rotates about its axis and travels through space? Try getting some sleep now.
                    maybe thats why humans have insomnia >.>
                    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                      You are a very wicked person who will come to a bad end!

I loved it

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                        Just remember that you're standing on a planet that's evolving
                        And revolving at nine hundred miles an hour
                        That's orbiting at nineteen miles a second, so it's reckoned
                        A sun that is the source of all our power
                        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                          You do realize that the Earth is traveling around the sun at over 66,000 MPH, not to mention the solar system moving as the Milky Way both rotates about its axis and travels through space?
                          But it doesn't vibrate or shake noticeably as it does so.
                          The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

But it doesn't vibrate or shake noticeably as it does so.
                            It wobbles.

Comment

Weebies

Quoth gerund View Post
                              Yes, but "Weebles wobble, but they don't fall down".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weeble

Comment

Working...
                              X