This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double occupancy =/= 4 people

Had a guest book a bunch of our "stay and play" packages that include golf for two (guests get a voucher stating this that they take to their golf course). He had four people per room. The extra two people don't get golf covered in that package. You have to pay extra for them. They came in at 11pm (when managers had long since gone home) right at the end of my shift.

SC: "But I was told that the golf would be included for everyone! So I need more vouchers for golf because there are four per room!"
    Me: "The package only includes golfing for two."
    SC: "But there's four people per room. See? We need golfing for four. You didn't give me enough vouchers!"
    Me: "The other two will have to pay extra. It is $XX per person."
    SC: "No, it's included! I got the golf package!"
    Me: "Yes, that includes golfing for two per room. If you were told otherwise you can discuss it with a manager in the morning, but right now this is all I can do." (The extra golf, for the amount of rooms and time they were staying, was over $600 in value; I wasn't gonna comp that.)
    SC: "But we have four golfers in each room! This is a big problem! I need golfing for four people per room!"

Lather, rinse, repeat for like 20 minutes.

I finally got it through his head that I wasn’t gonna budge, that I’d pass his complaint to management, and that he could talk to management in the morning but there was nothing to do about it right then.

Then all the rooms needed extra coffeemakers. Because one per room isn’t enough. And I was just so done with them by the time I was able to leave. Pillows and towels I can accept but extra coffeemakers? Really?

The twist to the story is that they didn’t end up needing extra golf vouchers. They ended up bringing in a bunch of liquor and getting drunk after I left and apparently were still drunk when they went golfing in the morning. One of their group was on the course and threw up, then fell backwards and hit his head on a rock and he’s still in the hospital this evening with a brain bleed and they’re still not sure if he’s going to make it or not and the police came out and inspected the rooms and course and everything and determined we're not at fault and the guy was just drunk and passed out on a rock and now is maybe dying. I’m sorry, that story took a dark turn quickly. I’m so, so sorry.

Here’s a picture of a dog wearing a moss wig to try and make up for it:

So how was your St. P's day?
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

I didn't realize it was there until it was gone. St. Patrick's Day isn't really a thing in the Netherlands.

Sorry that you had to deal with all of that, and a shame about the guy at the golf course.

Comment

Quoth Hanzoku View Post
      I didn't realize it was there until it was gone. St. Patrick's Day isn't really a thing in the Netherlands.
      What is this St. Patrick of which you speak?

Around here I refer to yesterday as "Get Wasted Without Judgment" day.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

We get way too many people who never tell us how many are in the room. When they start coming to the desk asking for extra towels, blankets and pillows for two people we gotta wonder how many more are you not telling us about? We do charge for extra people so I get why nobody actually tells us.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post

Here we call it just another night on George Street. Okay, so many there are *more* people than normal out and about on George and the other bars/pubs/clubs around the city, but it's still just another excuse to get falling down drunk.

Comment

Quoth KuariKaydrith View Post
            Here we call it just another night on George Street. Okay, so many there are *more* people than normal out and about on George and the other bars/pubs/clubs around the city, but it's still just another excuse to get falling down drunk.
            George Street you say?? Are you a fellow Newfoundlander??

Comment

Quoth PastryGal View Post
              George Street you say?? Are you a fellow Newfoundlander??
              There's a George Street in Brisbane Queensland. I'm glad I'm not there - it's noisy and busy and smelly.

Comment

Didn't you know? Someone decided to sanctify your middle name.
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                  Sanctify? $^%@%&%! It was supposed to be sanction!
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                    Technically it would be canonize. And now I have a mental picture of somebody lobbing cannon shots at Irv.
                    At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Quoth KuariKaydrith View Post
                      Come on Irv remember where you live!!!!!! Drinking is considered a viable hobby here in Cheeseheadland. Hey the sun came up/the sun set/Da Packers won/lost/the Badgers won/lost/ a car passed the bar/house/ I opened my eyes WOOOOOOBHOOOOOOOO let's drink
                      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

I wonder what would happen if a tour company set up a similar package in a destination area (e.g. Hawaii) offering a package of room, golf, and airfare for two - would the people expecting to stay four in a room approach the airline demanding extra seats, after all they had booked the package, and had four people in the room?
                        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I had to stay out of town for a rather extended stay. The reasons really sucked. So I got a room at a rather nice hotel, and paid the single rate. Half way through my stay, my sweetie came to visit and decided to stay the night so we went down to the desk clerk so we could pay for another person. The very nice desk clerk was clearly shocked that we had done such a thing and didn't charge us.

As long as I'm rambling on...how much is the standard tip for hotel maids now? I've always left 2 dollars and whatever pocket change I have, but my sweetie told me that I was being cheap and that it should at least 5 dollars and no change ever.

Comment

Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
                            The very nice desk clerk was clearly shocked that we had done such a thing and didn't charge us.
                            As long as you didn't do it the way a friend once did. Staying abroad and the way he told us he put it (asking for permission for a second person to be there the night mid stay) made it sound like he had a um, hired lady rather than his girlfriend.
                            I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                              I wonder what would happen if a tour company set up a similar package in a destination area (e.g. Hawaii) offering a package of room, golf, and airfare for two - would the people expecting to stay four in a room approach the airline demanding extra seats, after all they had booked the package, and had four people in the room?
                              I think we all know that they'd wait until they're at the gate to start arguing for the extra people to be let on, assuming they got past TSA...
                              This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                              I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Working...
                              X