Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's actually kinda funny...for as ancient as the system was before, I didn't see half the problems that I do with these registers. That $10 off $25 deal would have not worked under the old system if they used that many coupons.

That also reminds me of a month or two ago when a bunch of extreme couponers heard of a bug exploit with the ****-**s that made Cracker Barrel -$0.74 to buy, and more if they had coupons. We ended up unplugging those stations until the deal expired.

Comment

Quoth DerangedHermit View Post
      It's actually kinda funny...for as ancient as the system was before, I didn't see half the problems that I do with these registers. That $10 off $25 deal would have not worked under the old system if they used that many coupons.
      Same type of thing happened at my work when they gave us new handhelds. The old ones had actual buttons, no touch screen, and they had a nice basic look. The new ones are all spiffy looking, but the touch screens are hard to use while in a hurry. They also force you to go to a completely different app to do a price check, which takes a while. If I could go back to the old ones I would in a second.

As far as SCOs I know that I probably could fill a bulk bag with something expensive like coconut flour, and put in the number for regular flour, or even plain salt. I would never DO this, but the potential is there. I have a love of hot breakfast cereal (I think I have seven kinds on hand), which are generally cheaper in bulk as are other things like spices. So I think of this whenever I use the SCO and key in the bin number.
      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post

As far as SCOs I know that I probably could fill a bulk bag with something expensive like coconut flour, and put in the number for regular flour, or even plain salt.
        No probably about it. The SCO doesn't know what's actually in the bag; it goes off what you type in.

I wonder how often this happens at the Grocery Store of Awesome where I shop. I seldom see their SCOs being monitored all that vigorously.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

That glitch is probably why our station has been unplugged and not able to do the offers (which don't work right half the time anyway--they're pointless IMO). The CB coupon machine also got removed from the shelf, and it hasn't been in our sale items for a few weeks. I've also seen far more headaches with the 'new' system; both the new parts (scanner, software) and the older parts that have been slowly breaking down over the last year or so (printers, coupon box sensors, cash machines).

I read about an SCO security system that does use optical recognition (interfacing with the security cameras above the registers, gives the attendant various views of all lanes as well as a text readout of what's being scanned), but as a shrink solution it was deemed too expensive (even before I gave ASM2 the company info). They prefer to keep to the minimum and then yell at people when the inventory numbers come in.
          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
            Same type of thing happened at my work when they gave us new handhelds. The old ones had actual buttons, no touch screen, and they had a nice basic look. The new ones are all spiffy looking, but the touch screens are hard to use while in a hurry. They also force you to go to a completely different app to do a price check, which takes a while. If I could go back to the old ones I would in a second.
            Agreed. They went through batteries like water, the screens weren't very bright, but actual buttons meant very few mistakes, and the screen won't suddenly change if you hold it funny. These new ones...yikes. Nearly a year after they were introduced, and they still are a PITA. Especially with the price checking. You try to price check with the cutting counter screen, you get one skinny line to try to scroll the correct info into. You go to the item information screen, it'll show the whole screen, but it takes forever to get to it. Often, I find it faster just to take the item to the closest price checker!
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
              Agreed. They went through batteries like water, the screens weren't very bright, but actual buttons meant very few mistakes, and the screen won't suddenly change if you hold it funny. These new ones...yikes. Nearly a year after they were introduced, and they still are a PITA. Especially with the price checking. You try to price check with the cutting counter screen, you get one skinny line to try to scroll the correct info into. You go to the item information screen, it'll show the whole screen, but it takes forever to get to it. Often, I find it faster just to take the item to the closest price checker!
              It's possible that the old ones at my store were different models than the old ones at your store. The new ones batteries are much worse, dieing after 4-5 hours. And they still haven't made it so I can scan a slip to resume it! That feature was originally working, but ever since the Glitch last July, it won't work anymore.

We've had price checkers for less than two weeks, I'm still not used to them! But I have noticed a dramatic decline of people asking me for prices, yay!
              Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Working...
              X