This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's amazing what you realize after the fact

So around two years ago, roughly, I left the job with the Prepaid cell company I was working for so I could focus on finishing my teaching degree.

It really only has recently occurred to me how much more pleasant my outlook is and how much happier I am now that I don't work there. Looking back on things I am realizing too how acidic my attitude was while I was working there and I'm suddenly glad for my decision to have left.

I'm also looking at the light at the end of the tunnel. If all goes well, I will be a licensed teacher with a degree in English by the end of this year

Sometimes I wonder what's wrong with me, that people think I'm angry when I'm not, that a lot of customers don't like me, my friends worry about me. I've heard the idea that if I keep running into the same issues at many jobs, the common denominator is me. But I'm starting to think the common denominator is the service industry; my coworkers have the same issues. Morale is low. It's not just me. Even my wonderfully positive-minded TL says work has made him "not care anymore". He's looking for a new job. There's some value to being tough and sticking it out, but there comes a point when one must get out of a toxic situation.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Very much agree with you there foodlady. Now that I'm on the outside looking back it really amazes me how much different I felt and acted while I was working in the service industry. Don't get me wrong, I realized while I was in the job that I hated it and I was generally curmudgeonly. I just never realized exactly how bad it was until I was out.

Comment

Working...
      X