Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeffery Donovan had a recurring role in a show I used to watch, "Pretender". This season, they had two of the main actors from Pretender doing guest spots on Burn Notice. I squee'd.
    Random Doctor Who quote:
    "I'm sorry about your coccyx, too, Miss Grant."

I has a gallery: deviantART gallery.
    I also has a "funny" blog: Aqu Improves Her Craft

Comment

Quoth aqutalion View Post
      Jeffery Donovan had a recurring role in a show I used to watch, "Pretender". This season, they had two of the main actors from Pretender doing guest spots on Burn Notice. I squee'd.
      YAY ANOTHER PRETENDER FAN!!!!!

Sorry. I just seem to find other Pretender fans so rarely that I get really excited when I do find one. Michael Weiss is hawt.
      I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Quoth BeenThereDoneThat View Post
        The movie as in "The Fall of Sam Axe"? I was wondering if it was on DVD...I didn't check Netflix yet.
        It is. Just checked it for you.
        "Oh, very good....Yes, it is easy to see that nearly six years of magical education have not been wasted on you, Potter. 'Ghosts are transparent.'" Severus Snape

Comment

Thanks Monica!! *rushes to Netflix.com*
          "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Thanks Monica! I just added it to my queue and bumped it up near the top
            "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

My BF wanted me to watch it because I'm a Bruce Campbell fan.

Whatever. I have no interest in watching Bruce play some dude's boss handing out missions. I mean what he's going to be in it for like what... 5 minutes an episode anyway?

So when I got here my BF had already been through season 1.
              I did watch "The Fall of Sam Axe" cos hey it's a Bruce movie! He'll be in it more than 5 minutes!

Then my bf started playing season 2 and I watched when I felt like it ... although I did sit up and take notice when "Victor" was on. Hey! That's Dr Daniel Jackson (well Daniel 2.0 at least) ... and then I started noticing several things...

That it was good.
              That Bruce was in it a hell of a lot more than just the 5 minutes I assumed.
              And that it was getting addictive.

now we only watch it together. And sometimes I call Michael "Yogurt boy".

And we've decided if Dublin ever went into Italian greyhound racing her "racing name" would be "Should we shoot them then?" figuring... normal people would be like "oh interesting name" and burn notice fans would make the connection between the Irish name and the phrase and start laughing.
              Last edited by PepperElf; 01-27-2012, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Love both Burn Notice and the Pretender.

My favorite BN "villain" has to be Jason Bly.

SC
                "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                  ... although I did sit up and take notice when "Victor" was on. Hey! That's Dr Daniel Jackson (well Daniel 2.0 at least) ...
                  Yeah, we enjoyed his character too...I wanted to keep calling him "Daniel Jackson" in that Teal'c voice. (I wasn't really a Stargate SG-1 fan but hubby is and I watched some episodes.) I liked how different Victor was from Daniel...Daniel just kind of goes around with his mouth open looking surprised, but Victor was just an all out psycho. Nice change.

As for Bruce Campbell, he does get a good amount of screen time on each episode, and according to IMDb he's been in all of the episodes so far as have Jeffrey Donovan, Gabrielle Anwar and Sharon Gless. It's always good when all the characters I like are in every episode.

Comment

Working...
                  X