This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Adventures of Superhero Squad and Darth Vader

Since we started talking about our geek kids in another thread, I thought I'd start one for stories about our nerdy little hobbits.

Khan is only 2 so we've only gotten so far, but so far he loves robots, superheroes and rocket ships.

For Christmas my brother-in-law bought him a snow speeder from The Empire Strikes Back, with Han and Luke figures, and also Darth Vader and a Storm Trooper (even though I don't want to show him the movies for another year or two, since I think they are a little violent and might frighten him). BiL definitely has an agenda; you'd never know it to look at him but he is the biggest Star Wars geek I have ever known.

Daddy and Uncle Jake decided to show him a Youtube clip of the snow speeders (fighting the AT-AT walkers) and naming all the characters for him. When Uncle Jake said, "That's Princess Leia," Khan said, "Mommy!"

(aside of having dark hair and eyes, I look nothing like Carrie Fisher)

Khan loves a show Daddy found called Superhero Squad. It's a Marvel show aimed at young kids. He received several of the figures for Christmas. For some reason his favorite is Doctor Doom.

So far Doctor Doom has gone shopping for shoes, food and diapers for Doc Ock's baby. He has picked apples and thrown a couple picnics for all the Squaddies and Doc Ock. He has purchased a house, a Nativity set for said house, and got a new cape for Christmas from Santa.

The rest of the Squaddies went to a party at Thor's house, built sandcastles (Hulk kept falling into them and smashing them), and put Iron Man and Doc Ock in Naughty Guy Jail. Batman has fueled up the Batmobile (a toy he received from the in-laws) and given Darth Vader a lift. Luke and Darth Vader fight swords (lightsabers) sometimes. Doc Ock has gotten tangled in the snow speeder's harpoon line a few times and had to be rescued, oddly enough by Spider-man.

Oh, and Doctor Doom has made cookies and baked a birthday cake for Iron Man.

He's a real homemaker, that Doctor Doom.
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

It's all about Transformers, Lego, Sonic the Hedgehog and Thomas the Tank Engine at the moment in our house.

Jazzy (5) is building a Lego aeroplane by following the instructions with almost no help, she's also painting/building a model helicopter with Rugz (she does most of the work and it's it a well ventilated area), playing Sonic Generations on PC and both girls are singing the themesongs for their favourite shows. Jazzy's current favourite characters are Ironhide, Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Sonic and Rigel (Farscape).

Bubbles (3) is drumming on everything, playing soccer with Jazzy, building lego mini-sculptures, dancing to metal music, playing with puzzles, fingerpainting, playing Sonic Heroes on PS2, climbing up things just so that she can jump off them and sneaks up on people with her toy apatosaurus just so she can roar at them. Yes, that was the one I tripped over yesterday! Bubbles' favourite characters are Tigger, Tails, Thomas, Percy, James and Nemo.
    Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

My little second cousin is at the moment, a massive Wiggles nut (he's also 2). My other little cousin is obsessed with Bob the Builder. (same age) Judging by the Christmas presents though, they appear to be converting him to Lego. I plan on getting him interested in Marvel comics (although I'll mention the Superhero Squad show to my cousin when I see her next)

Mishi: at Jazzy liking Rigel from Farscape, my personal favourite as a kid was either Aeryn or Zhaan. Peppetry at its best though, especially with Pilot.

AnaKhouri: I know the show you're talking about (thank god for ABC3) and it's hilarious. A lot of the traits from the characters are reflected in their personalities, for instance that Iron Man has a tendency to use untested gadgets, except they blow up in his face
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

My son -8- loves all things Star Wars and Harry Potter. He's also read all of the Wimpy Kid books to himself and is working on the Harry Potter books. He asked for Portal for Christmas. He got Portal 1 and 2 and has made himself a portal gun out of paper plates. He and his dad made him a character for World of Warcraft tonight. He's memorized the Iron Man movies and actually started asking question about the war in the middle east because of it. Talk about awkward discussions where you're not sure how much depth to go into (he knows where babies come from, if not the actual mechanics of the process).

My daughter, at 15 months, loves singing, dancing, horses and Thomas the Tank Engine. We got her a purple one (it's the newest, I think. Her brother had all the other ones and saved them for her) and some horse figurines that she carries with her all the time.

I really have to get around to writing about the care and feeding of Geek Children.
        "I'm starting to see a pattern in the men I date" - Miss Piggy, Muppet Treasure Island

I'm writing!! Check out the blog.

Comment

Clementine - 8 - is into Sonic the Hedgehog and Tiny Titans. I get her the comics that come out at least once a month. And yes, I do take her to comic book stores.

She likes the standard superheros, but she doesn't like Harry Potter, is not impressed with Merlin, and seems to think The Game of Thrones has something to do with King Arthur.

However, she does have a new obsession: Camelot. Hubs bought the first season DVD (and there is not going to be a 2nd one as it has been cancelled). She plays the DVDs over and over and over again on her portable DVD player.
          And you're welcome (in regards to my avatar).

Comment

Quoth CalyCoRose View Post
            She likes the standard superheros, but she doesn't like Harry Potter, is not impressed with Merlin, and seems to think The Game of Thrones has something to do with King Arthur.
            I kinda felt the same way around Game of Thrones. In other words, VERY confused
            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

The books are so long they have to skip a bunch of stuff in the series, but even if you read the boks you might still be confused. My brain isn't big enough to keep track of who's where and who's still alive or not. I know where my favorites are, that's it.
              https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Clementine thinks this way:

Merlin = Harry Potter
                Game of Thrones = King Arthur
                Camelot = show worthy of great giggles
                Angel = Twilight

Where did I go wrong!?

At least I'm introducing her (slowly) to Doctor Who. Right now I'm reading a Doctor Who book, "The Many Hands" an adventure starring the Doctor and Martha Jones. I had to put down Twilight:Eclipse. It was getting too boring.

Comment

My two older girls are 5 and almost 3. Both love watching the Sonic SatAM DVDs Hubby got me for Christmas, as well as watching me play "the green guy game" (Legend of Zelda) and any of my Sonic collection. They also like to play with Hubby's and my D&D minis (proper skirmishes, too), and will put an empty clothes hamper on their heads and run around yelling "Exterminate!" or some close approximation therof in the preschooler's case. My oldest has even drawn me pictures of Sonic, Link, etc. I haven't introduced her to my Sonic comic collection yet, but probably will soonish.

We don't have any homemaking villains yet, though.
                  "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                  - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

My daughter drew a picture of Sonic the Hedgehog. But she kept it for herself. She's selfish like that.

Comment

My 5 year old nephew is starting to read. But he's always been interested in these picture books that his uncle gets. So dear old me has been picking up some Tiny Titans (Think DC's kids superheroes drawn in crayon style) and some of the marvel adventure books for him to read. He's also been latched onto watching Avengers, and the 90's xmen and spiderman cartoons on Netflix. His 3 year old brother is similar in watching habits to say the least.

Comment

I Tiny Titans! They are so much fun to read! Sometimes I read the comics to my daughter (even though she does know how to read). I also found online Doctor Who books geared towards the younger set. I'm thinking of buying them for her and reading them to her. (She's not ready for long chapter books. She's only on Reading level 2 and she just achieved that).

Comment

Working...
                        X