This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100th Anniversary this year

So, as I'm sure some of you are aware, April 15th this year marks 100 years since Titanic sank. In honor of this, James Cameron is re-releasing "Titanic" in 3D into theaters. Anyone here going to see it in 3D?

Feel free to discuss
    "Much butthurt I sense in you, cry like a bitch you should"

SPOILER ALERT!

IT SINKS!!!

BTW, does anyone remember a photoshop image that got e-mailed to millions with a picture of the Titanic on the bottom of the ocean with skeletons of Rose and Jack at the bow of the ship, arms outstretched?

I loved that pic but haven't been able to find it anymore. If anyone has it, can you post it here? :-)

Thanks.
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

ha ha! no shit?? :P

Hmm, I think I saw somewhere someone posted that pic, but I dunno where..I do know that someone on the IMDB board for Titanic posted a screengrab of the scene where Lovejoy (the bodyguard) was chasing Rose & Jack throughout the ship & Rose flipped him off when they got into the elevator. But I can't find it right at the moment, when I do I'll post it

Here another thought for those who care to discuss..What would you have done had you been there? Stayed on as long as possible or...? (and this assuming there's either no more lifeboats or no more time to get any launched)
      Last edited by CorneliaMarieRocks; 01-20-2012, 09:50 PM.

Comment

I don't think I want to see it. Converted 3D films aren't that great. One clip from the preview I saw looked like Jack's arm was detached and floating in front of his body. If they are showing it in 2D as well I may see it, but I'm not spending the extra for converted-to-3D.
        Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

They are re-releasing it in 2D as well, but I've told my mom I wanted to see it in 3D (I'm dragging her w/ me ha ha). Hell, in fact, I might go see it on the 15th just as my own way of remembering those who died that night, the love story isn't the draw for me, it's the 'putting yourself in that moment' in a way to actually understand how those folks must've felt that no other movie made about the Titanic has ever done (IMHO)

Comment

this is for Sheldonrs, I know its not the image you were talking about earlier but I thought it was pretty damn funny

disclaimer: I realize the event itself was in NO way humorous & that many people lost their lives that night, something that shouldn't have happened at all, so..
            Attached Files

Comment

Is it this one, Sheldon?

I have no plans to see it in 2- or 3-D. I've seen it several times, including in the theater when it first came out (when we got out it was absolutely pouring rain, which seemed appropriate ). 3D doesn't really appeal to me much; I already wear glasses, I don't need another pair just to watch a movie...
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I think Titanic was the first movie I saw in theatres. It's the first one I remember seeing, anyway. I was ten years old. I don't think my conservative father was expecting the nude sketching scene, as he tried to cover my young, innocent eyes.
                Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

ha ha that's funny katt, ooops

Comment

I remember seeing Titanic in the drive-in theater with my parents and sisters (my hometown still has a drive-in theater...with a indoor/outdoor flea market).
                    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                      Is it this one, Sheldon?

I have no plans to see it in 2- or 3-D. I've seen it several times, including in the theater when it first came out (when we got out it was absolutely pouring rain, which seemed appropriate ). 3D doesn't really appeal to me much; I already wear glasses, I don't need another pair just to watch a movie...
                      That's the one! Thanks!

I like the "no shit" one too. lol
                      "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

ha ha! I looked at the one you were talking about Sheldonrs, that's pretty funny. I found the "no shit" one while looking for a b & w pic of Titanic for a graphic workshop last night, I liked it so much I made it my desktop wallpaper :P

Comment

I live near to Southampton, where the Titanic sailed from.

It's going to be HELL BUSY.

I'm staying in!
                          "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

oohh ouch, I feel for ya

I've heard that there's 2 cruise ships who will be sailing on April the 10th & taking the exact route Titanic took & on April 14th/15th they will have a memorial service at the site of where she went down. I'd go if I had the chance simply in remembrance of those who died, but too far away & no $$ plus I dunno if I would want to be on a ship on the anniversary of when she sank, sorry but I'd just be too afraid history would repeat itself & I'd also be afraid that with my luck being what it is, I'd wind up with a captain who would be be all "damn the torpedos, full steam ahead" know what I mean? Kudos though, to those who do have the $$/guts to take part

*Please, don't take this into Fratching territory, anyone who wants to debate about whether the captain was right or wrong, I'll start a thread for that over there & folks can feel free to debate that & other things concerning that night over there. thanks*

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
                              That's the one! Thanks!
                              No problem

(I did a google image search for "titanic rose and jack skeleton" and it was the first thing I found...actually, the first thing I found was stuff about Jack Skellington but then I clicked on Images and the pic was first)
                              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                              X