Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah, there's actually a couple of them. Geez & I found one where 2 divers apparently dove to the wreck & were pictured standing on the bow in the "flying pose" I don't think that's appropriate IMHO but that's just me *shrug*
    "Much butthurt I sense in you, cry like a bitch you should"

Comment

Sheldonrs I finally found that picture I was telling you about...This scene was too funny, the look on Lovejoy's face was priceless
      Attached Files

Comment

See it? Hell, I've got a replica of Roses jump dress ordered to wear to it.
        http://www.customerssuck.com/?m=20080203

My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is telling me.

Comment

oh wow seriously? that's cool. I won't be dressing up, but you can dang well believe I'll be seeing it & dragging my poor mother along with me..We're gonna be ruined for days afterwards from crying I swear.

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
            BTW, does anyone remember a photoshop image that got e-mailed to millions with a picture of the Titanic on the bottom of the ocean with skeletons of Rose and Jack at the bow of the ship, arms outstretched?
            Whoever did that photoshop obviously didn't watch the movie. I haven't seen the movie, but my understanding is that at either the beginning or the end, there's a scene with an elderly Rose, who survived the sinking.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I'll go watch the movie again, in 2D or 3D, on one condition: they edit out that fucking Celine Dion song. Haven't we heard that dreck ENOUGH?!!??!?!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
              Still A Customer."

Comment

Wolfie, elderly Rose is seen throughout the film. Won't say anymore than that in case you want to see the movie for yourself.

Jester, err well, hate to break it to ya, but I HIGHLY doubt they're gonna edit out the most awesome song she ever did (sorry folks, but I love that song )

you wanna hear something really sad? I heard that when that Italian cruise ship that struck the reef & partially sank, that "My Heart Will Go On" was played on deck as the ship sank

Comment

Quoth CorneliaMarieRocks View Post
                  oohh ouch, I feel for ya
                  Thanks ^^

I've heard that there's 2 cruise ships who will be sailing on April the 10th & taking the exact route Titanic took & on April 14th/15th they will have a memorial service at the site of where she went down. I'd go if I had the chance simply in remembrance of those who died, but too far away & no $$ plus I dunno if I would want to be on a ship on the anniversary of when she sank, sorry but I'd just be too afraid history would repeat itself & I'd also be afraid that with my luck being what it is, I'd wind up with a captain who would be be all "damn the torpedos, full steam ahead" know what I mean? Kudos though, to those who do have the $$/guts to take part
                  Not sure if they'll be actually sailing from Southampton, as the ABP schedule only says the Oriana is in and out on the 10th... http://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/Live...Ship_Schedule/ Housemate and I rely on this site, as we love going down to Calshot (look at a map of Southampton Water, which is the big river confluence that joins onto the Solent; Calshot is the left corner of that coast) to watch the big ships go out. We watched MS Queen Elizabeth's maiden voyage go out last year. ^^ Her honk is LOUD!!

HOWEVER, Housemate has just identified that the ship in question for the Titanic memorial cruises is the MS Balmoral...which comes in and out a lot, and is sailing on the 8th of April. She's a Fred Olsen ship and her tonnage is actually 3,000 less than what the Titanic was (43k to 46k). I reckon that might be the cruise that says hello on the 15th...

I like big ships...is it that obvious?
                  "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

Cool beans, I never knew that, thanks for the info

definitely & that's cool To be honest, I've pretty much been obsessed with RMS Titanic every since I was in school & I actually grew up close to Galveston TX & my dad used to take me deep sea fishing so I love boats myself, "Deadliest Catch" is a t.v show our family never misses (although, those boats are smaller than ships like Titanic was obviously) but still, out on the sea, whether it be Galveston, the North Atlantic, or the Bering Sea you never want to underestimate what several thousand tons of water can do.

I've pretty much seen every movie ever made about Titanic, although the older ones my memory is pretty fuzzy on. I, personally, think Cameron's version is one that can't be topped. Like I said in a previous post, showing the chaos, confusion, & terror as it truly was is something the older movies never really drove home, they generally showed everyone getting in the lifeboats all calm & collected, the ship sliding gracefully under all in one piece etc.

Anyhow, I'll shut up for now

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                      Whoever did that photoshop obviously didn't watch the movie. I haven't seen the movie, but my understanding is that at either the beginning or the end, there's a scene with an elderly Rose, who survived the sinking.
                      Yes, but [SPOILER ALERT: highlight for details] at the end, she dies and her spirit returns to the Titanic to reunite with Jack. Which Cracked.com recently pointed out was a pretty dick move. (Spoilers at the link as well.)

I've pretty much seen every movie ever made about Titanic, although the older ones my memory is pretty fuzzy on. I, personally, think Cameron's version is one that can't be topped. Like I said in a previous post, showing the chaos, confusion, & terror as it truly was is something the older movies never really drove home, they generally showed everyone getting in the lifeboats all calm & collected, the ship sliding gracefully under all in one piece etc.

Anyhow, I'll shut up for now
                      One of my favorite things I got to see once was a touring exhibit about the Titanic. It had all sorts of artifacts recovered from the wreckage, which was pretty eerie. There were replicas of the grand staircase, a first-class cabin, and a third-class cabin. There was a list of names of all the deceased, organized by class. The crew and third-class lists were noticeably longer than the first-class list. There was also a giant "iceberg", which simulated how cold the waters were there, and you were invited to feel it and see how long you could keep your hands on it. It was damn cold, and I couldn't keep my hands up on it for more than a minute. I couldn't imagine having my entire body immersed in that cold.
                      Last edited by bhskittykatt; 01-22-2012, 10:25 PM.
                      Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

yeah I've seen pictures of that exhibit (from the outside that is) where is it located exactly? Course I figure with the anniversary folks will probably be flocking to it.

you mean they've actually taken stuff from the wreck?? I know I've heard of treasure hunters wanting to, can't say I agree with it. MHO, stuff that went down with the ship should remain there

Comment

*curls up in fetal position in a corner sucking his thumb."

No. Just...no. Titanic bring pain. Pain from being dragged to see the movie by middle/high school girlfriends.

Having to sit straight-faced as a friend of mine screeched her way through My Heart Will Go On at a school talent show as the two girls accompanying her on piano tried their best not to laugh.

*whimper*
                          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

awww Irv :P there there, think happy thoughts

you happen to have video of this particular debacle? see, that's why I don't sing because I know that I would just destroy it (especially that song)

besides, I don't give two shits about the love story part, fact of the matter is, I fast forward past like the first hr & some odd minutes (right up until before the 'berg is sighted). But for this I'll sit through it because for me it's about honoring those who died

Besides, you realize that your middle/high school girlfriends were just going to see it so they could ogle Leo right? (not saying I don't ogle certain guys in the movie 'cause I do, but Leo ain't one of them :P)

Comment

yeah I've seen pictures of that exhibit (from the outside that is) where is it located exactly? Course I figure with the anniversary folks will probably be flocking to it.

you mean they've actually taken stuff from the wreck?? I know I've heard of treasure hunters wanting to, can't say I agree with it. MHO, stuff that went down with the ship should remain there
                              I saw it years ago at the Pacific Science Center in Seattle. It was a touring exhibit, though. I don't know where it still is, but I know it's not still there.

Yeah, they had some artifacts recovered. I remember there was a top hat, and a doll, and some jewelry, and even a big chunk of the hull itself...I don't remember everything, as it was years ago. It was a very fascinating exhibit, though.
                              Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

hmm, sounds interesting.

I know I saw a picture once of some sort of attraction, but it was kind of like those bouncing castle type things, but it was of the stern once she started to tilt before she started to break up. Looked kinda cool, but I dunno that they need to be making amusement park attractions of such things ya know? The touring exhibit though sounds neat, I didn't realize they had recovered much of anything from the wreck

Comment

Working...
                                X