This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cosplayers to me!!!!

I want to do a rule 63 (genderflip) Harry Dresden cosplay.

Help me?
    What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

well just make sure not to wear a hat.
    Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
    Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

Don't forget the staff and trenchcoat!
      My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Any ideas for hair (mine is past shoulder length), makeup (if any) or earrings?

Comment

Leave the hair down or in a loose ponytail. If your hair is curly, you might want to take a straightener to it. I wouldn't do makeup; Dresden's overall feel (particularly early on) is rather scruffy. Same with earrings, but if you do go with earrings, I'd wear a small pair of silver ones to match the power rings he wears.
          My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Ok, random thoughts/ideas:

I'm aiming for middle of the series, so:

Should I get a Bob (found a place that sells museum quality bone replicas)? If so, should I make the eyes glow?

Should I have a puppy Mouse (a la Blood Rites)? Where could I get one (breed is confirmed as Tibetan Mastiff. I'm thinking plushie)?

Have staff, rod; bracelet and pendant are coming; business cards and duster are after I get paid.... Yeah that's all.

Comment

He doesn't carry Bob unless he has to. But a Mouse or a Mister would be a cute addition.
              My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Quoth Kheldarson View Post
                He doesn't carry Bob unless he has to. But a Mouse or a Mister would be a cute addition.
                Yeah, but Bob with glowing eyes peeking out of a pocket would be damn cool.
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I was thinking a mesh-type backpack.

Comment

My thought for carrying bob would be a duffel/gym bag (gym clothes included). Leave it open a crack so the orange glow comes out. It has the added advantage that a cheap plastic skull would work just as well as a museum grade one.

My other suggestion would be to pick a book that you are aiming for an check which rings he is wearing (the single band or the woven bands), if he is carrying Lasciel (hellfire glow on the staff, Lasciel's brand on his palm), if he has his Rod or not, etc.

Comment

You could get a 6-8 inch doll, dress it in army fatigues with a soda bottle helmet and a taped up boxcutter and plastic sword and call it "toot-toot" for your other pocket. Maybe you could find a pizza slice shaped to to go with it.....

And you need a donut. With pink frosting. And sprinkles.
                      Last edited by DaDairyDruid; 02-02-2012, 07:49 PM.
                      Lister: This is Crazy. Why are we talking about going to bed with Wilma Flintstone?
                      Cat: You're right. We're Nuts! This is an insane conversation....
                      Lister: She'll never leave Fred and we know it.

Comment

Working...
                      X