This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burn Notice fans?

There was a thread a few months back about TV shows people liked. Recently the hubs and I have been watching Burn Notice and I am infatuated. We're not quite to the end of Season 2 on Netflix but we're working on it...also I think I might have missed a few episodes since I think he sometimes watches them when I'm not home from work yet.

Anyway...I just think the writing and acting are excellent and the characters play very well off each other. And it tends to be hilarious. The South Beach setting is great too, even if we are only seeing the rich, hip part of Miami. I keep wishing I had a job where I could sit in outdoor cafes all day and sip Mojitos (OK, I'm actually not a huge Mojito fan but I could work around that...)
    "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

We just started watching this show this week. Its freaking AMAZING! And I about flipped backwards off the couch when I saw Bruce Campbell.
    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

The husband watches it, and absolutely loves it. I've seen a few bits because he keeps dragging me off my computer to watch them I get the impression that he...rather likes it
      I speak English, L33t, Sarcasm and basic Idiot.

Comment

Oh yes! I don't watch it, but my mom & step-dad NEVER miss an episode, they DVR them & then during the evenings or on his days off they'll sit & have a little marathon

yeah I want that guy's job, except my drink of choice would be a mudslide
        "Much butthurt I sense in you, cry like a bitch you should"

Comment

I love Burn Notice. Jeffery Donovan can come to my rescue any day.
          I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Bruce Campbell is one of my favorite actors. Not sure if it is because of or despite of the B-movies I've seen him as a bit part/main part in. I think he and the mother sort of make the show. The others are ok, and Fiona rules..but despite being 'secondary' characters the mom and Bruce steal the show.
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

I watched this the first two seasons, but then I managed to miss some episodes and now am a little lost on some of the story lines. I started watching it purely because of Bruce Campbell, but stayed because I liked the writing and acting.
              My favorite episode is the one where Cagney and Lacey are reunited (Mom Westin was Cagney). And now I've shown my age....

Comment

Here is a great video about the time the Burn Notice crew wrecked an A1 Abrams tank. A real one.

http://videosift.com/video/Bruce-Cam...-Tank-Incident

Comment

My ex's dog's name is Mr. Chuck Finley. I think that says enough

Comment

My husband has always been a big Bruce Campbell fan so it's not really a surprise he'd get into this show. I haven't seen the Cagney and Lacey reunion episode yet, but they did do an episode where Sam and Fiona show up on a boat pretending to be cops, and Sam says he's Detective Cagney and Fiona is Detective Lacey. I read that Bruce Campbell ad-libbed that one.
                    "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

I have the first 4 seasons and the movie on DVD, that and when I need to fix something small I don't mcgyver (don't know if I spelled that right ) it I Weston it.
                      ......../\
                      ....../__\
                      ..../\...../\
                      ../__\../__\

Comment

My wife is a fan as well. I caught a few episodes.
                        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth auntiem View Post
                          I watched this the first two seasons, but then I managed to miss some episodes and now am a little lost on some of the story lines. I started watching it purely because of Bruce Campbell, but stayed because I liked the writing and acting.
                          My favorite episode is the one where Cagney and Lacey are reunited (Mom Westin was Cagney). And now I've shown my age....
                          Nah, you didn't show your age. I saw that episode, and I am a huge Cagney and Lacey fan! And I am only 28.
                          "Oh, very good....Yes, it is easy to see that nearly six years of magical education have not been wasted on you, Potter. 'Ghosts are transparent.'" Severus Snape

Comment

Showing your age would be saying "What evil lurks in the heart of men? Only the shadow knows"
                            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Sarah Valentine View Post
                              I have the first 4 seasons and the movie on DVD
                              The movie as in "The Fall of Sam Axe"? I was wondering if it was on DVD...I didn't check Netflix yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X