This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh the irony

So, I hate shopping. I really do. But if you see whats in my closet and dresser (former entertainment center ) you wouldn't believe it.

Now, for my closet. I have my hoodies and jackets, long sleeve shirts, casual shirts (for work or if I feel like wearing something nice), and pants. I like variety so I have a lot of shirts. Who likes wearing the same thing at work if they can help it, anyways?

My dresser has a bunch of t-shirts in it. It ranges from band shirts (10 from one band), Batman (I have like 7 Batman shirts -obsessed-), Gay Pride shirts, and some movie shirts and whatever else I think has a cool logo on it. And lets not forget the shorts. Again variety. Some shorts can go with my casual shirts in the closet.

Am I weird? No, wait don't answer that. I am weird.

I just hope I am not alone with this.

When we moved my mom helped, and she said, "I've never seen two people with so few clothes!"

Which startled me because I feel like I have a LOT of clothes. I have 3 pairs of jeans, 3 khakis, 3 pairs of shorts, a pile of skirts and about 7 dresses. And a metric fuckton of shirts.

My husband doesn't really have thatmany clothes though, as they don't interest him, so maybe she was referring to him alone and misspoke?

Thanks to mom and her yard sales my son has more clothes than a Kardashian.
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

I hate clothes-shopping. But I have a closetful because I keep stuff forever. Several of my work pants have holes/rips. (The rips can be covered by shirts). I have 7 pairs khakis (2 of which are currently too small), 5 or 6 pairs chinos, 2 pairs of jeans I don't wear, maybe 10 pairs sweatpants & yoga pants (which double as pajamas), several pajama shorts, 3 pairs casual shorts, 4 dresses, couple pairs dress pants, couple button-up shirts, several hoodies (lightweight & heavier, 1 fleece-lined), a few Ts, a million tank tops & camis (bulk of my wardrobe, really) and maybe 10 long-sleeve tops. I will say 95% of my tops are knit. Oh, yeah, and I have 7 or 8 work Ts. Strange thing is I have 4 robes, 2 used in lieu of bath towels, and 2 to keep warm in winter. One is genuine muppetskin!
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I also always find myself shopping with every paycheck I get. It just boggles my mind.

Comment

That reminds me, my closet is due for a good clear-out.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I used to say I had enough t-shirts to wear a different shirt every day for a year. But that was many, many years ago....it might be up to 2 years now.

Yes, I'm serious.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
            X