Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Her violet eyes burned as she stared the man down, waiting for him to make a move. She didn't care who they sent for her, nor how many. She wasn't going back to that place.

His eyes stared back at hers, sparkling with delight. He had obviously been waiting for this. He motioned with his hand, and great chunks of ice lifted up around him, sprouting jagged spikes all over them. Pointing at her, they sailed through the air at great speed.

The Witch waved her hand almost in a dismissive gesture, and the winds intensified around her, making the projectiles disintegrate against the force of them. "Pathetic," she said, before thrusting her arms towards him. The windstorm blew debris (along with the bodies of the men who had attacked them initially) through the air as it slammed into him like an oncoming train. He held his ground, trying to resist the force, but within seconds he was blown backwards, smashing through the plexiglass barrier behind him.

She lighted on the ground, not wanting to waste any more of her stamina by riding the wind. She waited for him to move again, if he would move again. Suddenly, he charged through the stands towards her, screaming as electricity surged across his large frame before he extended both arms at her, sending the energy at her. He may not have been as skilled, but he was strong. However, Thelassa was faster, and summoned bolts of her own that sprang from her hands to meet his. The two electrical surges collided in a blinding flash. Thelassa blinked the afterimage from her field of vision, still locked in a standoff with her opponent. It would ultimately come down to who could overpower the other, which, under normal circumstances, she would have won with ease.

"I must end zhis quickly," she thought. She amplified her energy output and gained a little ground against him, until he managed to focus and do the same. They each began to push their limits, creating progressively more intense electricity. Lights around the stadium began to glow, then dim, fluctuating in response to the electrical field that was growing larger and more powerful. The monitors in the scoreboard overhead flickered on and off.

She wavered for a moment before regaining her footing. She started to believe she wouldn't last much longer, and some part of her mind hoped that Blaze and Frost would be finished doing... whatever it was they were supposed to do with the pod soon. The lights overhead flared and there were loud pops as some of the bulbs exploded.

Thelassa gasped. There was a sudden piercing pain that ran from her back to her chest. It was cold, yet in burned and stung at the same time. She felt her power draining. It all happened so fast. She looked down and saw a spear of ice sticking out of the right side of her chest.. "B.... Bastard," she said, barely above a whisper. She had been too drained to feel the ice forming behind her. In the meantime, her enemy had amped up his power in an attempt to overpower her and finish her off. He was laughing.

"No," she said, struggling the feeling of light-headedness. "I am not.... dying... alone. I... I vill.... I VILL TAKE YOU TO HELL VITH ME!" Screaming with a mix of rage and pain, she gave everything she had left, the arcing bolts from her arms turning from blue to white as the voltage rocketed up. The scoreboard above exploded as the remaining lights around the arena detonated, showering everything below with glass and sparks.

The building shook from the thunderclap as Thelassa's attack overpowered her opponent's, blasting him into the air and knocking him into the far wall at the highest level of seating. He was splayed out for a few seconds as the electricity continued to course through him, but was able to shakily get to his feet. He took a few steps into the hallway, looking for an exit, and lumbered toward the stairs that would lead him out. He had no choice but to withdraw for now.

Thelassa remained standing after it was over. Her arms dropped to her sides, her eyes glazed and unfocused. In the last few seconds before she lost consciousness, she felt troubled by this man. That feeling of familiarity was still there. She didn't know why, but it disturbed her greatly. "W...Who...?" was all she could say before her body gave out and she collapsed to the floor.
    Last edited by Kara; 04-08-2011, 06:18 AM.
    "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

• Rob lets Alexis take the lead, but will stay floating along right behind her, ready to put a shield up in front of them or bubble anyone he can see carrying a nullifier. Of course, if he has a chance to get a number of people in a small area, he might just bubble them and let them sit until the rest of the fight is over.
      » Horse Words «·» Roleplaying Stuff «

Comment

• Dele glances back as the pod opens and the green woman is released. Once the animals and plant life retreat, the walking gravitonic force relaxes, and the vague downward pressure lessens greatly, though it's still there. Dele is just staying cautious.

"Welcome back to the land of the living, I guess," he offers. "I'm Daniel."
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• Sam shuddered as Kate's warning echoed in her mind. 'Is there a human picture?' She thought, standing on her hind legs and looking. 'For some reason I don't trust any of these animals.'
          https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

• "Um...we could look?"
            My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• Amazon

No human pictures are to be found. However, in a corner, so small it is easily overlooked is another of the carvings..this one of a vine. Everybody had looked in the area multiple times, and overlooked it, and it was pure chance that it was spotted at all. The polar bear carving for the most part covered it up, almost completely.

Giza
              While you do locate one person left behind to make sure you and Alexis were finished, there is no pod. A hole along the back wall suggests it was removed that way, and is half way to who knows where currently.

Lost Island
              Soft blue eyes look at the group, as the woman slowly stands up. She shakes her head as if trying to clear the cobwebs, then winces a little. "So many voices.." Perhaps she is crazy?
              Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Yeah, Dele thinks to himself, THAT'S a good sign. Given that she was apparently the one controlling the animals and plantlife that almost attacked them, he wonders if she could, somehow, 'hear' their thoughts, or what passed for thoughts.

"Just take it easy," he offers, for the moment letting normal Earth gravity resume without the faint pressure of his powers on edge affecting his surroundings. "Dunno how long you were in that pod, but give it a minute or two to get your bearings."
                PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

Comment

• Sam barks as she finds a non-animal glyph. She looks to Kate and Alex before doing anything.

Comment

• Amazon
                    Alex suggests the two of you to leave the room, just in case. He will try the carving to see if anything happens.

Warehouse
                    The woman seems to focus. "My apologies. Just needed time to adjust to feeling the presence of every living creature on the planet. There are..so many."
                    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Kate nods and puts a hand on Sam as they head out.
                      My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• Sam sits next to Kate and waits somewhat nervously. She'd hate to be responsible for the death, injury or maiming of one of her bosses.

Comment

• Quoth Mytical View Post
                          Warehouse
                          The woman seems to focus. "My apologies. Just needed time to adjust to feeling the presence of every living creature on the planet. There are..so many."
                          Dele just nods cautiously. "Indeed there are," he agrees. Then, feeling he should keep talking if only to assuage his own worries, he goes on, "I'm Daniel." He nods to the other three. "That's Ananda, Johnny, and Whisper. Do you have a name we can call you?"

Comment

• Amazon
                            A few minutes later Alex comes out. "All clear, apparently that was the correct one. Unfortunately all that remains is removing the pod from the temple..so I've sent for either Johnny or Alexis to help us with that when they get the chance. We may have a bit of a boring wait."

Warehouse.
                            "My name is one." she holds up the back of her hand and there is an I stamped on the back of the hand. The roman numeral for one. "I know I had another name, once, but I can not remember it."

Comment

• When the capsule had vented, she had backed off, waiting patiently. Daniel made with the friendly, but when the woman mentions her past, Ananda takes the vague opening.
                              Not unkindly, she speaks. "Do you remember anything else, like how you got here? Or in the pod?"
                              "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                              "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

• One nods. "Yes, we were all volunteers for an experiment called 'Project Double X', as there was supposed to be twenty of us, and we were undergoing gene therapy to gain incredible powers. When the political climate turned against the project..they put us into the cryogenic chambers to wake us when the political climate changed again. The year was 1938. What year is this?"

Comment

Working...
                                X