This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gross Guests

So, I now work as a housekeeper in a fancy-ish hotel. Way less stressful than my old call center job. But I'm rediscovering how gross people can be.

For example:

One of the rooms I was assigned to clean today had to be taken out of the system so that the carpet can be deep cleaned.

Why?

The guest shit on the carpet. Not once. Not twice....I lost count after five disgusting piles, one of which was mushed into the carpet. We aren't sure when the first, um, deposit was made but we're thinking it was at least three days ago because that is when he had put the 'do not disturb' sign out on his door. Just friggin' gross. Thank goodness he left today and was put on the banned list.

Another fine example of humanity is the woman who allowed her granddaughter to run wild in their hotel room. Pizza found in behind the mattresses, crackers ground into the carpet, pictures drawn in ink on the walls and counters, and the bathroom had been flooded. Another deep clean required with a room needing to be taken out of the system.

Thankfully these types of guests are not that common or I don't think I'd be long for this sort of work. I don't have a very strong stomach at the best of times.

Charges

I hope you got their credit cards to charge them for the costs.

Comment

Some people shouldn't be allowed out off a leash. What do their homes look like?
      My son thinks I'm Lucifer Morningstar. I'm not sure he's wrong.

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
        This. If a guest trashes a room to the point where a simple sweep and changing of the sheets won't work, they should be charged for damages.

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
          I'm hoping that the front desk did their due diligence because my understanding is that stuff like this would see the guests paying up for the extra work. Just like if there was the smell of cigarette or cannabis smoke in one of the rooms - we are a strictly non-smoking hotel. Now I'm wondering what the charges would be for the extra cleaning required...hopefully a pretty penny because that shit's nasty.

Comment

who the hell shits on the carpet like a dog? Their home must be disgusting as hell.
            https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
            Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Quoth YamiNoHime View Post
              ... What do their homes look like?
              Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
              ... Their home must be disgusting as hell.
              My guess is that their home makes a semiconductor clean room look insanitary. Three changes of masks, gowns and booties between the outdoors and the inner sanctum, which is swathed in saran wrap.

The hotel? Not their problem. They're on vacation, living like the peasants and they can just let it fly!
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Ugh you still need to use a toilet like a toilet trained adult! good Christ.
                https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                  My guess is that their home makes a semiconductor clean room look insanitary.....
                  The hotel? Not their problem. They're on vacation, living like the peasants
                  I think you may be onto something there.
                  Quoth dalesys View Post
                  they can just let it fly!
                  Literally in the case of the SC in the OP
                  I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                  -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
                    Ugh you still need to use a toilet like a toilet trained adult! good Christ.
                    You have to understand that there is an immature mentality behind it. Some people's idea of 'fun' is making others miserable, for no other reason than they can get away with it. These are the same people who torture animals, and for the same reason. Sadists, basically.

And the sad thing is, their children will grow up to be exactly like them. That sort of ignorance breeds like flies.

And, worse yet, if the person who actually did that were reading this right now, they'd think that my description of 'immature sadist' would be validation of their behavior. Something along the lines of 'yuk, yuk, yeah, they hatin'....'

Comment

Quoth CyberLurch View Post
                      You have to understand that there is an immature mentality behind it. Some people's idea of 'fun' is making others miserable, for no other reason than they can get away with it. These are the same people who torture animals, and for the same reason. Sadists, basically.

And the sad thing is, their children will grow up to be exactly like them. That sort of ignorance breeds like flies.

And, worse yet, if the person who actually did that were reading this right now, they'd think that my description of 'immature sadist' would be validation of their behavior. Something along the lines of 'yuk, yuk, yeah, they hatin'....'
                      They're also usually sociopaths, who don't really take the consideration of other people's feelings, emotions, or opinions into consideration for anything.

I don't doubt there's schadenfreude/sadism in play as well, but a lot of it comes from sociopathy.
                      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth KuariKaydrith View Post
                        I'm hoping that the front desk did their due diligence because my understanding is that stuff like this would see the guests paying up for the extra work.
                        Back in my hotel housekeeping days, we had a couple of guests decide to smear an ice-cream dessert all over the walls (we found the wrapper in the wastepaper basket) Even after cleaning, the walls were stained, so the room got taken out of the system while it was redecorated and then aired out.

That hotel never took a room booking without a valid credit card being run, so the guests got dinged for our overtime cleaning it, the cost of the decorators and a proportion of the calculated loss of revenue.
                        Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

I spent last summer cleaning the bridal suite at a friend's B&B. One day, I came in to find bits of shrimp ground into the carpet. THAT was fun!

Comment

Working...
                          X