Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reminds me of the bitch I ran into when I was past my due date. I had to go to the store and went to park in the expectent mother spots. So bitch cut me off and parked there, got out with a concave belly. I admit I hollered at her, she said she could park there, she found out an hour earlier she was 6 weeks along. A nice tow guy did offer to move her.

Comment

Quoth 24601 View Post
      Reminds me of the bitch I ran into when I was past my due date. I had to go to the store and went to park in the expectent mother spots. So bitch cut me off and parked there, got out with a concave belly. I admit I hollered at her, she said she could park there, she found out an hour earlier she was 6 weeks along. A nice tow guy did offer to move her.
      Very nice tow guy. What an EW bitch. Just because you technically CAN use something doesn't mean you have to. People like her ruin things for everyone else.
      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth South Texan View Post
        Up until I got to that line, my chivalry was poised to fully challenge any able-bodied person who did not give up his/her seat.

Now it ain't.

Those were my thoughts. There were days when I was pregnant where sitting was a necessity. There were some days that all I would do is walk across a floor of an air conditioned building and almost pass out.

Quoth ShadowBall View Post
        I offer my seat to someone who is disabled, elderly, or injured (like broken leg or arm, etc.). I would never offer my seat to a pregnant woman because unlike being disabled, old or hurt, pregnancy is something you choose. I feel sorry for people whose mobility is limited due to things beyond their control. I do not feel sorry for someone who's pregnant. And if some pregnant bitch gets an attitude with me for not worshiping her and her precious clump of cells, then she'd get some of my more colorful insults.

I understand your reasoning, and you do choose to get pregnant. However, there are cases where pregnant women have issues MORE than just "I'm big and uncomfortable and I want to sit down." However, if after they have asked (politely) for a seat, they shouldn't get an attitude.
        Last edited by Peppergirl; 01-05-2011, 12:25 AM. Reason: merged

Comment

There's a big difference between asking nicely and being a demanding bitch like the OP's woman was. And it wasn't like there were no other places to sit, she just wanted the best for herself. What an entitle-whore.

Comment

Quoth Trishlovesdolphins View Post
            I understand your reasoning, and you do choose to get pregnant. However, there are cases where pregnant women have issues MORE than just "I'm big and uncomfortable and I want to sit down." However, if after they have asked (politely) for a seat, they shouldn't get an attitude.
            ITA. I had some back pains while I was pregnant with Lil'Zel (I even had to file a part-time medical leave because I couldn't even sit upright, let alone stand up, for a whole work-day - I had to get home and lie down now and then). But then again I was never bitchy about it...

(Maybe I was that to the drunk guy who held up the bus for half an hour cuz he insisted he could drink his beer on board even though the driver and SEVERAL signs said he couldn't... but that's another story )
            A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Comment

Sheesh, what an EW.
              I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
              Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
              Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

As long as temporary disability permits are available, I don't see a need for special facilities for the pregnant. Those with gestational disabilities, or even "simply" pregnancies large enough to render walking difficult, can be given disability permits.
                Seshat's self-help guide:
                1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
                  As long as temporary disability permits are available, I don't see a need for special facilities for the pregnant. Those with gestational disabilities, or even "simply" pregnancies large enough to render walking difficult, can be given disability permits.
                  In Alaska, in winter? You bet your ass there's a need for closer spots for those who have an altered center of gravity, not to mention the whole baby shifting thing. Pregnancy does not (under normal conditions) qualify one for a handicap parking permit.
                  Last edited by kpzra; 01-02-2011, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Reminds me when I once were sitting in the disabled section of a bus. An elderly man, with obvious problems went on, and I was going to stand up so he could sit, until he yells out "Move away you fart, I'm disabled so I'm having your seat!". It was then I decided he wasn't worth my sympathy and remained seated, and let him yell the best he could.

I understand you have pain so it makes you be into a bad mood. But I have tremendous pain in my shoulders from years sitting in front of computers, and I don't bitch about it.

Comment

Some people.
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth 24601 View Post
                        In Alaska, in winter? You bet your ass there's a need for closer spots for those who have an altered center of gravity, not to mention the whole baby shifting thing. Pregnancy does not (under normal conditions) qualify one for a handicap parking permit.
                        I think the point Seshat was trying to make was, it should qualify one for a regular handicap tag.

I tend to agree.
                        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

i've seen those parking spots at the grocery store. never used them since i've never been pregnant. tho my bf and i disagree with them a lot - partly because he's seen tags and pregnancy spots abused a lot when he lived in CA.

but for seating... i'm all for being polite to people, especially the elderly - cos i figure if i'm nice to them, maybe someone else will be nice to my parents.

but yeah someone comes over and DEMANDS your seat ... because it has a better view than the other empty seats? wtf?

Comment

To quote Cupid on Supernatural: Jimminy Christmas!

I like the window seat as much as the next person (unless it's winter, in which case I stay away from window seats because it's too cold), but...jeez. If the window seat's taken, tough nuggets. You don't just go up to a person's table and go 'Move, bee-otch. I wanna sit here'. I wonder if it ever occurred to people who do this what it would feel like if *they* were the ones being demanded to move to another table just because some other shmuck wants to 'seeeeeeee the vieeeeeeeeeeeeeew!!! **'
                            "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Working...
                            X