X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "But it's CHRISTMAS!!"

Oh lordy...

So, the boyfriend (xx_wolfie_xx, or wolfie for short) and I were running around. We like to wander the malls on Saturdays, walking around and whatnot. On the way back, we stopped at a grocery store for some potatoes, which we need for dinner. We're in the parking lot and a prime spot opens up right along the front of the store. We're waiting patiently for it, and this SUV comes up. He looks ready to turn into the spot, but glances over at us, and points questioningly.

wolfie indicates yes, we're waiting for that spot. So he drives on. There was a green saturn behind the SUV, but we turned into the spot, got out and went into the store.

We get the potatoes, and are looking at a few different other items for pricing and this old woman comes down the aisle. We're getting ready to exit it, when she flags wolfie down.

OW: Excuse me, young man!
    W: <turns> Yes?
    OW: You cut me off. You took my spot. YOU were almost in an ACCIDENT, that was my spot. I almost hit you!
    Me: (thinking, wtf??)
    OW: <rabblerabble> be more polite, you suck, etc, etc, etc
    W: Look, ma'am, I'm sorry, it's over. We're leaving.
    OW: But it's CHRISTMAS! And-

And at that point we walked away. I started walking away looong before that because I was going to say something, especially about the Christmas thing...so what?? Doesn't mean she automatically gets her way, regardless.

We were waiting for the spot first, we took it. End of story. And if an accident happened, well, it would've been HER fault, not ours. And then to hunt for us in the store, just to scold us? What gives you the right, lady? Her whole demeanor and attitude was entitled, and we were just the stupid lowly young'uns with no respect.

Bleh. >.<

But the name tag on the parking spot didn't say Madame Asshole!
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Why the hell is she even bringing Christmas into this? Even if she mistakenly thought that she called dibs on that spot and you infringed on her rights, wtf does CHRISTMAS have to do with it?
      Also, this last week before Christmas is when all the asshole come out. She should EXPECT sucky things to happen right now, not be baffled by them. Oh wait, SHE'S the sucky things that happen right now. People like HER are out in public more often. My bad.

Seriously though, I live in a small, small town and this time of year traffic is so bad. Today after work I tried to get to the bank that is literally around the corner from my work to drop off my store deposit and it took my 30 minutes. My dad pointed out that I should have just walked there and back and I thought "Fuck, that would have been SO much faster." and mentally kicked myself for not thinking of it. If traffic is that bad in my small ass town I can hardly imagine what it is like in bigger towns. I almost got hit three times on my journey to the bank and then home, but I'm not upset about it, because I have come to expect it this close to Christmas. How this lady got to be that old and not understand that Christmas shopping brings out the worst in people, I cannot grasp.

Comment

Quoth notlovinit View Post
        Why the hell is she even bringing Christmas into this? Even if she mistakenly thought that she called dibs on that spot and you infringed on her rights, wtf does CHRISTMAS have to do with it?
        Also, this last week before Christmas is when all the asshole come out. She should EXPECT sucky things to happen right now, not be baffled by them. Oh wait, SHE'S the sucky things that happen right now. People like HER are out in public more often. My bad.

Seriously though, I live in a small, small town and this time of year traffic is so bad. Today after work I tried to get to the bank that is literally around the corner from my work to drop off my store deposit and it took my 30 minutes. My dad pointed out that I should have just walked there and back and I thought "Fuck, that would have been SO much faster." and mentally kicked myself for not thinking of it. If traffic is that bad in my small ass town I can hardly imagine what it is like in bigger towns. I almost got hit three times on my journey to the bank and then home, but I'm not upset about it, because I have come to expect it this close to Christmas. How this lady got to be that old and not understand that Christmas shopping brings out the worst in people, I cannot grasp.

Because people feel it will excuse their bad behavior and hopefully everyone will understand.

Uh, no. Being a douche and acting entitled does not excuse your poor behavior one bit. So the other car got the spot. I've been bitched out plenty of times for supposedly taking a spot from someone who I didn't see who was apparently many rows over. Oh well! You were there, I was here, the opportunity was there for me to take the spot so I took it.

I am so going to regret trying to shop on the 23rd, but that's when I get paid and I will desperately need to finish my Christmas dinner and grocery shopping. I pray that we'll get let out early, because it will make it just a little bit easier.
        Random conversation:
        Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
        DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

Quoth fma_fanatic View Post
          Because people feel it will excuse their bad behavior and hopefully everyone will understand.

Uh, no. Being a douche and acting entitled does not excuse your poor behavior one bit. So the other car got the spot. I've been bitched out plenty of times for supposedly taking a spot from someone who I didn't see who was apparently many rows over. Oh well! You were there, I was here, the opportunity was there for me to take the spot so I took it.

I am so going to regret trying to shop on the 23rd, but that's when I get paid and I will desperately need to finish my Christmas dinner and grocery shopping. I pray that we'll get let out early, because it will make it just a little bit easier.
          My sympathies. My private theory is that Dec. 23 is actually a worse day to shop than Dec. 24, and I've done both.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth notlovinit View Post
            Also, this last week before Christmas is when all the asshole come out.
            I couldn't agree more. So much for Peace On Earth, Good Will To All.
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

WOW x100. you RUINED someones Christmas and you were not even working.
              I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
              -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

i like how she uses "it's christmas" to press her own needs

Comment

Quoth fma_fanatic View Post
                  I'll be glad when the holidays are over. I have to drive past several shopping areas on the way home from work...and have to go miles out of my way to avoid the assortment of idiots on the roads. None of them can drive for shit, yet are so damn impatient--quite a few weave in and out of traffic, blow through stop signs, and just be an ass on the roads. Seriously, go home!
                  Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Seems like Lupo attracts the crazies at the store even WITH someone there with her.
                    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

... ... ...

I thought wolfie was sposta be the ANTI-crazy? Or maybe he broke his ability when he left you alone in walmart last week...

Comment

Working...
                      X