Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Samsung flatscreen acting flaky (picture way too big)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samsung flatscreen acting flaky (picture way too big)

We have a fairly old (~10 years or so) Samsung 32" flatscreen. Starting a few days ago, mom noticed that the picture was coming in too large (although the channel 'bug' in the corner was correctly visible). It started only on BBCA, but recently has 'infected' every other channel as well as getting worse. The last time this happened I was able to fix it with the TV aspect ratio, but that's no longer working. I've hard-reset our set top box a couple times as well, and that didn't fix anything either.

We have Comcast (gag), and have been told that there is a problem with the connections inside the building--which is management's problem but they are of course not going to do anything...or if they do, they'll try and find a way to use any costs to justify raising the rent again come lease renewal time.

It could also (actually more likely) be the TV itself...it's been having intermittent problems for awhile ever since we got a new cable box, and I suspect there's some compatibility issue given that the box is far newer than the set and it's not easy to update the firmware (it's not a smart TV and mom refuses to get one--we have a Roku so I don't see the point).
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

If your TV is 10 years old, is it possible it's only 720p? At that size it's likely
    Check the settings of your cable box, it might be set to 1080p, and for whatever reason your TV is not correcting for this. You should be able to force the box to output 720p.

It could be that channels are slowly moving over to the newer format which is why it seems like an "infection" spreading.

Comment

Working...
    X