This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about DVD burning and Blu-ray player

I'm making a DVD movie using Nero 9 (old, I know, but it works and it came with the computer), and I've got menu screens, chapters, artwork in the background, a song playing in the menu screen, even an "intro video" that plays before the menu comes up.

But it doesn't work properly on my Blu-ray player. It'll start but at the menu it won't allow selection of the options. It does work fine on the computer's DVD player, and it works fine on a standard DVD player, though.

Does anyone have enough dealings with DVD burning software to have encountered this? Is it a setting I'm missing during the burning? Is there a setting in my Blu-ray player that I need to alter?
    "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Off the top of my head, it may or may not be...

Make sure the Region Lock setting on the player matches that of the disc

Make sure the encoding on the DVD is one the BR player supports. If it's part of the computer you can just use Nero to find out; it should have a way to show which recording protocols are supported; if it's an external BR drive, compare its supported protocols to the list used by your burner and the current settings for said drive shown in Nero to make sure they match 100%
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
    X