This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• <Sigh> I laughed...I cried...

So, just a few random observations about METRO from this week.

Assnugget #1 or “Hail to the bus driver, bus driver man!”
    Driver is in the MIDDLE of an intersection, stuck behind traffic waiting for the light to change. The bus going the perpendicular route, crossing the same intersection, is pulling up to the light right before the intersection we’re at. Assnugget decides he needs to get of the bus he’s on NOW because he MUST catch bus #2. Cue the suck.

BD: Bus Driver
    AN: Assnugget

AN: Yo, can I get off here?
    BD: Not in the middle of a busy intersection, no. I can let you off at the next stop (Which is on the same corner where bus #2 will be pulling in. Convenient, no?
    AN: But that’s my bus, dawg! I gotta catch my bus! (Yes, he called the BD dawg…)
    BD: I can’t let you out in the middle of traffic, sir.
    AN: <Starts cursing at the bus driver, about how he’s making him late, etc, and he NEEDS to catch his bus!!>
    BD: <Drives through the intersection> Sir, keep it up, and I’ll call the METRO police, and keep you on MY bus until they get here.
    AN: Man, fuck you, dawg! You’re keeping me from catching my bus.
    BD: Oh, shut up.
    AN: You shut up!
    BD: <Pulls up to the stop and passes it by 10 feet>
    AN: Yo, man, stop the fucking bus!
    BD: Oh, sorry, you distracted me with all your crazy yelling. <Stops and lets him off, warning him if he got on his bus again swearing, he’d be thrown off, or at the very least thrown to the METRO police>
    AN: You shut up! <Takes off running to catch his bus. And misses it>

Assnugget #2 or “Carry on, Wayward Son (…of a retarded goat…)”
    BD: <Opens door at a stop, AN gets on>
    AN: did you not see me at the stop back there!?!?!
    BD: Excuse me, sir?
    AN: I SAID, did you not SEE me at the bus stop back THERE!?!
    BD: No, sir, I didn’t I apologize.
    AN: <Talking to the BD like she’s 4> Well, when you drive a bus, and you get to a stop and see someone standing there, you have to stop, so they can get on the bus.
    BD: I already apologized, sir. Please take your seat.
    AN: <Continues lecturing as we take a turn onto the next street, and then…> Why are you turning here?!?! You don’t turn here! You go straight! Fucking woman can’t even drive a fucking route!!
    BD: <Slams on the brakes> What did you just say?!
    AN: I SAID –
    BD: <Cuts him off> Oh, I heard you, and for your information, the 68 line does turn here, it has for since the route changed in January of 2007!
    AN: 68? I thought I was on the 29…
    BD: Well, when you get ON a bus, sir, you should always check the number on it to make sure you board the right one. <In the same tone he used on her earlier>
    AN: Whatever, it’s a common mistake.
    Me: <Muttering in my seat> Because 68 and 29 are SSSOOOOO similar…
    AN: Whatever, let me off.
    BD: Gladly. <Opens the doors> And remember, it’s a 2 and a 9! Not a 6 and an 8! I can write it down for you, if you’d like!
    AN: <Makes a rude gesture and storms off.
    Me:

In other news, I am disgusted at the moment, with some of the crap that’s going on in the wake of Hurricane Ike. As if commercials for furniture stores claiming they’re having this great sale to help you replace lost goods weren’t bad enough, (Mind you, it’s the SAME sale they were having pre-Ike, they’ve just renamed it!!) now I’m dealing with even more douchwaffles trying to make money off of a natural disaster! (yes I know it’s human nature, but still!!!)

Example 1: My Own Apartment Complex!!
    I get off the bus last night and see this HUGE sign taped to the building stating “FULLY IKE RECOVERED!! MOVE IN TODAY!!”

Granted, this was posted on the building facing the huge gaping hole in the wrought iron fence, and I still had to skirt around the downed awning that used to sit on top of the leasing office doorway, but which now decorates the laundry building walkway, so I lol’d at it, but yeah. Seriously. Ugh.

Example #2: At my STORE. Ye gods!
    So, one of my manager’s D (The idjit one whom I don’t much care for!) decides to show me the new shirts she ordered because they’re just so awesome!!

The shirts are red, and emblazoned in huge white letters are the words “I Survived Ike” Beneath that is the Weather Channel’s symbol for a hurricane that you see when tracking the storm, and inside the “eye” is the date 09-13-08.

What. The. Hell. SERIOUSLY!?!?! SERIOUSLY!?!?!

No, not cute at ALL. Because I can just see SCs everywhere buying this shirt, and proudly sauntering into businesses all across the city with this tattooed across their chest as they attempt to use it to get benefits and deals and discounts. And now we’re supposed to make money off of the hurricane. If this becomes one of our required shirts, I’m not wearing it. I wear shirts on game days, to show “School spirit”, I wear shirts that label me as a target—er, staff member. But I REFUSE to wear a shirt that only exists to make money off of a recent natural disaster that people are STILL trying to cope with losses from.

Soulless retail, my friends. Soulless, I tell you! I cannot WAIT until I have my degree and can go work in a nice lab somewhere, where my only “customers” are the skeletons I’m putting back together. Buh!!

We so need a meet in Houston just so we can bitch about the asshats trying to make money off a freaking hurricane. I feel your pain; once the hotel opens back up to the public the rate will be 119 a night; 20$ more then normal. And 50$ more then I'm currently selling to the construction crew.
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Oh my, yes. Yes, we do!!

There will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth!

Or...y'know, commiserating over milkshakes or something, whichever is easiest and more doable...

Comment

About the shirts. Yeah I saw a place selling them less than a week after the storm hit. I was WTFing the whole time. Seriously less than a week, when most people still didn't have power or food, but oh yeah they were definitely gonna get a shirt about surviving Ike!

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
        We so need a meet in Houston just so we can bitch about the asshats trying to make money off a freaking hurricane. I feel your pain; once the hotel opens back up to the public the rate will be 119 a night; 20$ more then normal. And 50$ more then I'm currently selling to the construction crew.
        Oh yes we do. Or the people trying to get freebies by using the hurricane. Though I've been working a lot lately. Been helping the Galveston Kroger. Most of their employees haven't come back yet. I don't even have a day off this week. Though I did volunteer so I shouldn't be complaining.

Good luck with the reopening EQ. I'm sure it'll be fun!
        Last edited by SG15Z; 10-03-2008, 06:37 AM.

Comment

Quoth SG15Z View Post
          About the shirts. Yeah I saw a place selling them less than a week after the storm hit. I was WTFing the whole time. Seriously less than a week, when most people still didn't have power or food, but oh yeah they were definitely gonna get a shirt about surviving Ike!

Oh yes we do. Or the people trying to get freebies by using the hurricane. Though I've been working a lot lately. Been helping the Galveston Kroger. Most of their employees haven't come back yet. I don't even have a day off this week. Though I did volunteer so I shouldn't be complaining.

Good luck with the reopening EQ. I'm sure it'll be fun!
          Emphasis mine. I'm STILL WTFing!!!

Grr. Just Grr. No words in my expansive repertoire could come close to describing the contempt I feel for the people who are either trying to make a quick buck from the storm, or who are trying to scam free stuff from the storm. Sign them up, they're all passengers on the SS Failship (or Failboat, whichever it was blas already commissioned and built...)

Second emphasis also mine!! See, it's actions like THAT which keep me from losing all my faith in humanity. It is the fuel feeding the small little ember that still persists, deep, deep within my soul. Good for you, helping others out!

Comment

Working...
          X