This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "But it doesn't look like the picture!"

I went to Taco Bell for a quick Crunchwrap before work, and this little incident happened.

this lady ordered two of those seven layer nacho things to be eaten in the restaurant, with her friend. they were maybe 55-60 years old. the friend was sitting at the table already, and when the tray came out with the nachos, this lady freaked out.

Angry lady: This doesn't have any meat on it.
    Manager (who was taking orders): Yes it does, it's under the chips. *lifts up some chips with a spork to show the lady*
    AL: Well on the picture here, it's all on top. See? *angles the posterboard toward the manager*
    M: Well, yes, but, it's not going to look exactly like that. Half the time when they take these photos it's plastic food anyway.
    AL: Well these nachos don't look like the picture. I want it to look like the picture.
    M: ...? Mam, it's not going to look like the picture. It would be impossible for us to make it exactly like the picture.
    (at this point, me and another woman in line turn to stare incredulously at each other)
    AL: The picture has the meat and cheese in with the lettuce and everything. *gestures angrily* This isn't meat and cheese. This is lettuce and tomatoes and sour cream.
    M: ...
    AL: I want it to look like the picture!
    M: ...Well, what do you want me to do. (she's near the breaking point now)
    AL: I'm gonna go see if my friend wants this, but I want something else. You're not giving me what's advertised and I don't like it. *stomps off toward her friend*
    other lady: *puts hands on counter, all confrontation-like* When I get my empanada, i'm gonna break it in half and if it doesn't look exactly like this posterboard here, i'm calling in a complaint about you.
    both of them laugh and start talking sort of dumbfoundedly about how nothing ever looks like the picture, etc etc.

so then the angry lady gets back. her friend apparently understands the concept of advertising and is eating her nachos.

AL: Don't laugh. It's not funny.
    OL: I'm sorry, but I find it quite humourous.
    AL: It's none of your business, so just don't laugh.
    OL: You decided to make it our business by occupying this woman's time to complain about your perfectly prepared food.
    M: What would you like me to do, mam?
    AL: Are you the manager?
    M: Yes, I am.
    AL: Well, then, you can not bring other customers into this and laugh about a paying customer.
    M: I'm not laughing--
    AL: It is none of her business and I would just like to eat my lunch. I come here all the time--
    OL: So you didn't know the nachos are layered?
    AL: First of all, it is none of your business. Second of all, i've never ordered it before. And I don't like it. So I want my money back.

other lady gets her food and goes to fill her drink at this point.
    The manager has some difficulty refunding the angry lady's order, and while she's struggling with this, Other lady comes back around, and taps Angry lady on the shoulder.

OL: Just so you know, the manager didn't start it. I was the one who said something first, so don't blame her, blame me.
    AL: *ignores*
    OL: Well.
    AL: It is none of your business.
    OL: Wow. Get a grip on your life, lady. *walks out*

at this point I got my food and left, so unfortunately I don't know the end. 'twas quite entertaining, though.

I know the manager could have handled it better, but she was stressed already and this lady was Stubborn with a capital S.
    verily, i doth be a buckete.

Who cares if it looks like the picture? It's all going to end up as a big gob of mush in your stomach, right?

Comment

Nachos...nom nom nom.

Actually, though I love nachos, I avoid Taco Bell due to a baaaad case of food poisoning a few years back. I know it's wrong to avoid at TB stores because of it, but oh well. Still, nachos do sound rather tempting right about now...
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
        Who cares if it looks like the picture? It's all going to end up as a big gob of mush in your stomach, right?
        THANK YOU.

That's how I look at it. As long as it's edible and yummy, I don't care what it looks like. No matter how it's arranged, it tastes the same to me.
        "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
          All I'm concerned about is that it doesn't taste like the picture.
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Ads VS Reality

I try to remember this every time I'm needing to convince myself to make my own food. It doesn't work as well as I'd like.
            Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart!

Comment

Working...
            X