X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "But I ordered it for here"

A sighting from a year ago.

I was at Panera and it was busy. Some guy gets his order, but it's in the "to go" bag. He hands it back and says "but I ordered it for here", having them make it "for here". I mean I could understand if he ordered it to go, but if he's going to eat it in the restaurant, does it really matter if it's for here or to go?

Perhaps there is some reasoning behind his decision, because he wasn't that sucky, but it was pretty annoying having to wait longer over it.

Was there some reason that he couldn't walk his little butt over to a table, sit down, and take it out of the bag?

Other people's children....
    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Well, in some places, people who dine-in get refills, while people who get take-out do not. That might account for any drink issue. As for the food, I've noticed that some places (like Panera) use take-out containers that are smaller than their dine-in bowls. It's a small difference, but for some nit-picky people they may think it's important. Also, there's a certain air about eating out of a real bowl that you don't get eating out of a paper or styrofoam bowl. If you want a little relaxing lunch that doesn't remind you that you're rushing to get back to work, you want the dine-in dishes.

Was the guy rude when he asked them to make it for here?
      Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Or they could just hand him a tray?

Comment

I might prefer the bag myself.

It's harder to dump your food all over the place if it's in a bag.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

well on the i dont want to eat out of Styrofoam thing Styrofoam can absorb flavors and can create a taste of its own as well as houses minute poisons.

Comment

The downtown McDonalds here in Victoria is open 24 hours, including the dining room. In fact, that particular location doesn't even have a drive-through.

After 6pm, all order are put in to go bag, no trays are given out, even if an order is specified for dine-in. Apparently too many people steal the trays. For what, I have no idea.
              Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

Comment

It could have also been he didn't want to have wasted a bag. When I dine-in at some fast food places, they'll just put the wrapped food on a tray and skip the bag.
                Look, a signature!

If every cashier in the world went on strike, retail would come to a screeching halt, even if for a couple hours.

Comment

Maybe he wanted to check he had the correct price, in some outlets over here, it costs more to eat in than to eat out, so he didn't want to appear to be eating in but not paying for it.
                  Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post

Was the guy rude when he asked them to make it for here?
                    If my memory serves correct, he wasn't overtly rude about it. He just handed it back and said in a confused tone "But I ordered it for here". Not exactly polite, but not rude either.

Comment

Quoth infinitemonkies View Post
                      After 6pm, all order are put in to go bag, no trays are given out, even if an order is specified for dine-in. Apparently too many people steal the trays. For what, I have no idea.
                      Sometimes the obvious answer could be right, Free Tray!
                      ludo ergo sum

Comment

Quoth rageaholic View Post
                        ..."but I ordered it for here",...
                        Yes, but we took a vote and decided you should go.
                        "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Working...
                        X