Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

tech support for anti-virus software help?!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tech support for anti-virus software help?!

A random charge appeared on my credit card statement this weekend. I, of course, had to wait for it to clear in order to find out what it was.

I was charged 44.95 for a Trend Micro....something. Well, me not having even looked at a Trend Mirco product in years wondered why all of a sudden they charged me. I figure fraud, right? I for sure do not have it on my computer at home. Nor have I entered my card on anything other then a makeup site and a vitamin site before the weekend.

So finally their description appears on my online statement, with a phone number, MIRCALE. I call it while at work.

I am confused by what I am told...

Apparently exactly a year ago I had subscribed to Trend Micro, 8-2007. Um no. And I have chosen to renew....no again. I told the very professional and nice customer service guy that I do not nor have ever had this product on my computers. Complete truth. He verifies who I am, where I have lived...apparently it has all checked out. f-ing weird! He tells me they can release the charges, as long as I agree to the terms and conditions. Just to make sure, I ask what they are. Obvious: if you have this product, but choose to use it without having paid for it that is a violation of copywrite law. I tell him no problem, because I do not have the product.

So I get the charges released, but here is my question: Did someone steal my idenity just do download Trend Micro????? What are the odds???
    Last edited by thehippie777; 08-12-2008, 09:09 AM.
    When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Well, a quick google of Trend Micro False Charges turned up this poor fellow:

http://www.complaintsboard.com/compl...95-c85867.html

SO it seems that you're not the only one with the issue.
    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Wow! Thank You! That person was charged 44.95 exactly 9 days prior to me! That's insane!!!
      When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Comment

Working...
      X