This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "EFF it! I quit!"

A news reporter quits her job on the air, leaving her co-anchor stunned, effectively saying this, but with the "EFF" part replaced by swearing.

Link here:

http://www.entertainmentwise.com/fea...Anchor-Stunned
    cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

I can understand the reason (Conflict of Interest and all that) but I can't say that's actually going to make people take it seriously.
    I AM the evil bastard!
    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

yeah this needs a bit more context, because yeah I can understand the quitting but why the swearing, did they force her? was she mistreated, like why should I be emotionally invested in this?
      Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
      Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

Just a heads up...y'all are doing fine so far, but there are many ways this can venture off into Fratching territory, so please use discretion. Discussion about the newscaster and why she left is fine.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth gremcint View Post
          yeah this needs a bit more context, because yeah I can understand the quitting but why the swearing, did they force her? was she mistreated, like why should I be emotionally invested in this?
          Based on what I've read, the lady who quit did a story on her own marijuana shop in Alaska (or something like that).

I'm guessing it was a conflict of interest thing, or they have something in their contracts that says that they can't do outside work.

And since now it was revealed that she actually owned a marijuana shop, then she had no real choice but to quit.
          Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Well, actually the news station was doing a story on a pot dispensary that the reporter owned, but didn't disclose to her primary employer. She was involved in the reporting, and I can only guess she didn't like what the news station wanted her to say. The story probably included some things she didn't agree with, which is why she decided to quit. News reporting is a high pressure business.

Still, it was very very poor judgement on her part. Even if the news station treated her badly, it's better to just resign quietly than make a scene. She wants to be an activist; no one will take her seriously now. They'll throw how she quit back in her face every time. And she'll never get another job in media again.

Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face.
            They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
              Well, actually the news station was doing a story on a pot dispensary that the reporter owned, but didn't disclose to her primary employer.
              Ah, ok. In context, this makes sense.

She was involved in the reporting, and I can only guess she didn't like what the news station wanted her to say. The story probably included some things she didn't agree with, which is why she decided to quit.
              This is interesting. I didn't get full context, but this makes sense as well.

I also agree with the remainder of what you said. She should have probably submitted a resignation in private.
              Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Working...
              X